A Buyers Guide To The Best Box

Hi Bees
That's a really good post for newbies like myself. I have just purchased a Zgemma H.2S. It says Full HD but I am sceptical. What will be HD and what won't ?

Hi
i am a relatively new to all this, I do know a little on the satalite side as I currently run a Zgemma h2s. I am thinking of changing to a cable feed and I know nothing about that side. I currently watch one channel and record another on satalite. My question is can I do that with a cable connection and how? I'm also hoping to upgrade to a Vu+ solo 4K with an added hybrid cable tuner and I am hoping to achieve the satellite to cable change on this box. Thanks in advance.

As long as you have a twin tuner for satellite and a twin hybrid cable tuner this should be no problem.
Setting up is not to dissimilar, you will need to find your Net ID for your area to use in ABM

Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry I should have said I was hoping to avoid having both satalite and cable I was wondering if I could watch and record with a cable only feed and if it's possible how is it done? I am aware of how to do that with satalite two cables coming off LNB.

Yes it's possible, I'm sure the receiver you thinking of buying supports splitting the cable feed inside the receiver

Otherwise you would need to loop out the receiver and back in, you get all the items you need with the receivers

Last edited:
Thanks. Can you point me to a tutorial that might help me with achieving what you suggest? Because I don't have a clue how to do what you are suggesting. Sorry for the silly questions. I am trying very hard to get my head round all this.

Look at a box like the Technomate M2, 2x cable tuner (plus 1 x sat which you don't need to use)

You just use a splitter on the VM feed coming into the house, so you need one to your router and two to the box

3waysplitter.jpg

There is a set up guide here

Thank you bees for the info. So if I have it right it's more or less the same method as the sly setup then? Do you recommend Technomate M2 over the Vu+ 4K, I'm hoping to upgrade to the Vu+ 4K because I'm hoping to take advantage of the possibility that VM may broadcast 4K content in the near future.

Hi guys

I'm looking at upgrading from a skybox f3 to a ZGemma. Unfortunately in my living room I only have the one cable running through so don't think I can benefit from a twin tuner?

My question is will the Zgemmah.2s work with just the one cable or are there better single tuner boxes. As what I really want it for is the sky skin and EPG.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Look at a box like the Technomate M2, 2x cable tuner (plus 1 x sat which you don't need to use)

You just use a splitter on the VM feed coming into the house, so you need one to your router and two to the box

View attachment 20594

There is a set up guide here

i have asked bees to correct the wrong splitter from 2-2400 to the correct one 5-1000mhz

Hi guys

I'm looking at upgrading from a skybox f3 to a ZGemma. Unfortunately in my living room I only have the one cable running through so don't think I can benefit from a twin tuner?

My question is will the Zgemmah.2s work with just the one cable or are there better single tuner boxes. As what I really want it for is the sky skin and EPG.

Thanks

you could upgrade to a better model twin cable tuner box and use a 5-1000mhz tratec splitter if needed,then viewing in hd and recording in hd,puzzles me why people want a sky skin on a cable tuner box ?

Sorry, don't think I made myself clear. I don't have cable, only a sky dish. What I meant is that I only have one cable running from the dish to my living room hence cannot benefit from a dual tuner?

Apologies, very new to this business.

Hi guys

Thanks

you could upgrade to a better model twin cable tuner box and use a 5-1000mhz tratec splitter if needed,then viewing in hd and recording in hd,puzzles me why people want a sky skin on a cable tuner box ?

If you can get to your dish ? Why not change the lnb then you can benefit run anew twin cable and you have 2 ports spare (

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thing is I'm not too high tech when it comes to DIY like that. We also have Sky still running in the other room so wouldn't want to mess up the dish alignment.

To be honest twin tuner is not a big deal for me, would the Zgemma h.2s still work with just the one cable?

If you can get to your dish ? Why not change the lnb then you can benefit run anew twin cable and you have 2 ports spare (

If you just want sat and don't want watch and record at same time and want a single tuner just go for a HS. As box you are looking at is a cable/ sat box

My apologies H2S is twin sat If you wanted a twin tuner all you will need to do is run another cable to sat box if you wanted watch and record as you have sky connected

haha so many posts getting confused splitter i was referring to was for cable only not sat.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you can never have enough sat cables in rooms,think i have 5 at last count in front room.

Thanks for the help guys. So to clarify, can I use the h2s as a single tuner. As this seems to be the most common zgemma box? Presume it's the newer, faster model?

And another query. I want to upgrade to this box but at the moment I have a few months left on my current line on a skybox. Now I've lost communication with my supplier so cant request for the details to input onto my new box. Is there a way to find out through settings? It's a c:line.

Back