A Few channels not clearing (ABM not refreshing)

McSheep

Evening all, ive got a little problem, My autobouquetsmaker has stopped working just returns an error :-

Failed to tune Virgin (UK) on tuner C

Please check the following:
The tuner is correctly configured.
You can receive the specified frequency.

I know my tuners are fine because i can receive the majority of channel. but a lot of channels im just getting a blank screen! Looks like my channels are set to wrong region but my provider is set right 41003. Im at a loss and out of ideas :( I've re-flashed my box zGemma H5.2TC with Grogbuild, updated ABM config files, ran an automatic scan.

Please can anybody help

thanks in advance.

Edit a simpler method is here http://techkings.org/threads/a-few-...-abm-not-refreshing.140445/page-4#post-936935

Try Menu, setup, service searching, tuner config set all cable tuners to,

Your Network ID.
Region virgin media UK (all systems)

cable-tuner-config-jpg.35802

Then
Menu, setup, service searching, manual scan, complete (not predefined or user defined)

manual-scan-2-jpg.35755

Check the last scanned bouquet if all work try this

Wilst on a working channel i.e BBC 2 SD

Download the NIT_analyser_20181107.zip file attached to this post.

Unzip NIT_analyser_20181107.zip

Ftp NIT_analyser.py to tmp

Telnet/Putty
Code:
opkg install dvbsnoop

Then
Telnet/Putty
Code:
cd /tmp

Then telnet
Code:
python NIT_analyser.py

Instructions for putty:

Putty can be downloaded at

Code:
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html

First open Putty, and in the HostName (or IP address) box enter the enigma2 boxes IP address, and then click the Telnet radio button and click open

screenshot-132-png.28837

And then log in using the word, root

screenshot-133-png.28838

Make sure your on a working FTA channel before running the command i.e BBC 2 SD.

Now copy and past the above commands 1 at a time into talnet and press enter

Three files will be created in the tmp directory, nit.bin, nit.log and dvbc.xml. Please zip them and upload them here as attachments once done. (Guide for uploading attachments in my signature)

If using Mac

There is a version of Putty for Mac but is not very good.

Mac has built in telnet or try below

Open Applications ->Utilities ->

Type the following command telnet 192.168.X.X (change the IP address to the one for the Zgemma/Enigma2 boxes)

Enter the username root (and password if you have set one) and press enter

Then follow the instructions above.

Thanks to Peterj on another forum for the NIT_analyser.py

Attachments

• NIT_analyser_20181107.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Looks like my channels are set to wrong region but my provider is set right 41003. .

never seen that netid before, where's that

just noticed in another thread you said Carlisle.
That's not the netid for Carlisle, this is;
  • Carlisle OM 42650

Last edited:
Thanks Dsayers doing it now :)

Pabloescaban, hmmmm tim confused, ive been using 41003 for a couple of years :o i'll give that 1 a go :) cheers

strange, you think if i edit the file in ABM to that net id it might work?

No as there maybe frequency changes too, You said you have been using 41003 for years so its likely to be a frequency change like the thread you posted in but different areas use different frequencies so you cant just change 1 to another. Have you tried manual scan yet? If manual scan works and 1 to 5 SD clear then try the nit analyser command

No as there maybe frequency changes too, You said you have been using 41003 for years so its likely to be a frequency change like the thread you posted in but different areas use different frequencies so you cant just change 1 to another. Have you tried manual scan yet? If manual scan works and 1 to 5 SD clear then try the nit analyser command

I've done the auto scan like you said mate, but only channel 5 clears? for some reason my bbc1 is set to east midlands.
going to try that command now on channel 5 :)

There must be hundreds of people bought boxes, flashed them and used 42650 netid as that's all google says for Carlisle :confused:

There must be hundreds of people bought boxes, flashed them and used 42650 netid as that's all google says for Carlisle :confused:
Im not sure but if they used ABM then they cant have used 42650 as that netid doesn't exist. Maybe ABM is incorrect.

I've done the auto scan like you said mate, but only channel 5 clears? for some reason my bbc1 is set to east midlands.
going to try that command now on channel 5 :)

You need 1 to 5 SD working, after you have run the command for 41003 for testing set your tuners to 42650 and run a manual scan and see if 1 to 5 clears.

Back