a780 gliching bad

when scanning for channels can u do it without internet connection .
meaning to get a direct feed then put splitter in to connect box and hub

Yes no problem at all bud. Also direct cable feed only required if you have some signal problems. We always advise to scan on direct feed but in most cases you can do it with the splitter connected. But to answer your question you do not need the internet (ethernet) connected to scan the channels, its only used to crack the encryption code so to speak.

jodav :)

There a a couple of things to try like,

Trying different scart lead, ethernet cable, splitter.
If you have some different scanning areas have a play selecting a different one, you can always come back to the one you have currently scanned which is most probably the right one anyway.
have a good read of http://www.techkings.org/kryptview/35814-some-kryptview-problem-solving-tips-tricks.html, and follow the basics especially.

You basically need to eliminate as much as you can that maybe the cause, then concentrate on troubleshooting whats left.

All the more reason to follow the above advice bud. It would suggest you can eliminate the scart but possibly not the rest of the stuff as the FTA i believe will have a stronger signal and also do not require the ethernet lead.

Got net Id off VM box it's Gateshead

---------- Post Merged at 12:35 PM ----------

Also just checked vm service status and there is tv issues in my area

That is why your first port of call is always your providers status page !!

The providers fixed there end and I called engineer out and they fitted a attenuator and still bad glitching . Feels like I bought a expensive paper weight :(

Are you on your correct Net Id ?? also what is your signal and quality levels like now ?

If anyone in gateshead area got bad glitching then its an area fault... if they are ok then fault can only be at your end..!! can you try box somewhere else deano..?

A780 glitch

Is my sys info ok
date- 11/11/2012
soft v - Pv 4.1.05
h/w ver- v3.0.0

---------- Post Merged at 12:36 AM ----------

Also will try box at pals later

Sys info is spot on deanoxxx77. Trying around a pals as Ted suggested very good idea also, use as much as you can of his like his splitter, splitter leads, ethernet cable (should he or she have them). Then depending on the results you can swap with yours to try and home in on the culprit should there be one.

One note though, there are glitchy channels at present and have been or some time lately, and the degree can vary from day to day. Depending on your results maybe post two or three channels and tell us the degree of glitching with as much detail as possible (like every 10 seconds, 30 seconds, two minutes, watchable, unwatchable etc), then I or someone else can check them channels on our boxes to see if its just a server problem dealing with the VM changes.

I am going through a very busy period lately and so if I do not answer your reply Im sure Ted or the like will.

This might sound daft but i got shot of the scart and used a S video lead and my glitching is 50 % better

worth a try i recon ...................

---------- Post Merged at 12:55 PM ----------

the only way to stop this glitchin/freezing/scrambled or no video is for the server or server's to pull there finger out and sort it out and stop blamin other things,i have tried puttin PF 100 cable internal, straight feed to box, correct net id, variable attenuator, 3,6 and 10db attenuators, foreward path attenuators ,konig signal booster on/off,so anybody who is reading this and thinkin of buyin any of the shit i have bought don't, if your freeview channels are ok then it is the internet and the server and the sooner people admit that and stop getting people to buy shit the better it will be for all of us

Last edited:
---------- Post Merged at 12:55 PM ----------

the only way to stop this glitchin/freezing/scrambled or no video is for the server or server's to pull there finger out and sort it out and stop blamin other things.......

If only it was that easy !

There are so many things that could go wrong that its actually a wonder that the majority of boxes work quite well. Its not for nothing that VM send an engineer to fit their own boxes. These third party boxes cannot work in all circumstances, it really is as simple as that.

there is a simple answer then,it is kryptview's responsibility to supply boxes that will do the job they are intended for,people saying there are no subs to pay won't wash any more, i do not see the point in laying out money when you cannot enjoy watching your tv

I must admit that I am disappointed with the service from these boxes. I know that once bought, there are no subs etc. but whether the service is free, or whether you pay £1000 a month for it, if it's unwatchable then it's worth nowt.

I am extremely grateful to members on this forum for helping me to get my 2 A750 boxes working. I was over the moon when I saw my first scrambled channel in the clear :woohoo: Since then, however, it has been mainly unwatchable. Trying to watch GOLD during the day is just impossible. The occasional quick glitch is bearable, but when it glitches it usually freezes, followed by "scrambled" message, then comes back on for a few seconds, then glitches again etc. Also, sometimes the picture will come back on without sound.

I have had a few good periods, such as watching Motors TV in the early hours of the morning (just 2 or 3 major glitches in an hour).

Not sure whether to stick it out & see if things improve, or get rid of it on Ebay, before the service collapses completely!

Last edited:
the only 2 channels without glitching on mine are sky events +sky disney, oh and freeview, the rest have been really ad all week, retuned ect to no avail

working better today, done a rescan, as sly news was not coming on, still aint, but glitching aint too bad, watching espn now, bit glitchy but watchable compared to yesterday, not getting scram or no video today, fingers crossed it stays like this

Last edited:
Back