ADVICE PLEASE

Have a look at the android based review thread been covered plenty of times and some really good reviews in there

Don't think many really use mag for iptv.

Fire stick or Android devices best to for in terms of iptv.

As baz has said best to check the Android review thread.

I've a 4k firestick and a e2 box and I prefer the e2 box , because it's more user friendly and I can use it just like a Freesat recorder as well as for iptv . But the firestick as faster channel change and easier to setup , and better if you need to use a VPN. I also find lip sink goes out on firestick using stbemu and I have to switch between video players when using vod ( that's more down to my iptv provider I think) , everyone will have a different answer to this question all down to personal preference

best bang for buck device is 4k firestick (when on £35 offer), android devices in general work well (easy to setup), best user friendly device with all the bell's & whistles is Enigma2 providing they are setup correctly (many struggle making several small errors).

Last edited:
Another device to consider is the new Google Chromecast. Full Android system running unlike the fire stick but only downside it's more expensive than 4k fire stick. Does seem to have a lot of positive feedback for it and true alternative to the fire stick.

Believe a few people on here have the new Chromecast.

best bang for buck device is 4k firestick (when on £35 offer), android devices in general work well (easy to setup), best user friendly device with all the bell's & whistles is Enigma2 providing they are setup correctly (many struggle making several small errors).
Speaking of myself. Iptv really was hit and miss on my enigma box.

Again this was a few year's ago mind you but remember trying different methods on the box be it.scripts or Jedi. But waa really slow on my box and even caused the box to frequently crash. Again could more likely be down to how old my box is.

services run perfectly if setup correctly, have good internet & a decent service provider, in general the problems people encounter are due to lack of knowledge & following poor advice, I have yet to see any device be as user friendly & work as well as Enigma2, there are faster/higher spec devices available but out of all the devices I have used over the years E2 ARM devices give the best user friendly experience IF setup properly, this is only my opinion but it comes from years of knowledge & understanding working with many platforms.
Understandably many give advice due to personal experience which is fair enough but it's not always correct due to a lack of understanding of these systems

Last edited:
I would stay clear of mag boxes. if you have the budget i would go for the buzz firestick. Bazz has one and is a knowledgeable member of the forum and says they are very good. you can find out about different android boxes here: Android Based Devices Reviews

agree with comments above, 4k stick good as a budget option, shield pro very good upscaling with power to spare, E2 still my go-to device for everyday use (but needs to be decent box and setup correctly). Finally avoid mag boxes as some providers are no longer supporting them.

The buzz I'd stick is just like a firestick and is retailed @£69.99 has its own dedicated iptv app remote is just like a TV remote 2gig ram 16 gig storage comes with Netflix apptiode pre installed some nice skins to choose from can set all favourite channels movies shows ect on home screen back-lit remote.
Buzz XRS4500 is a very good box 4gig ram 32 gig storage has its own app and can do same as above really and can be hardwired but roughly £125 at a guess.

Shield Pro is over kill for iptv imo but a wicked box to have and upscaling is very impressive especially when watching 4k content and 4k tv and box but as Mike posted check the android based review thread out.
Mags stay well clear too many codec issues and some providers won't entertain them e2 boxes are still good for iptv as beakyford pointed out if you set them up correctly they will run iptv smoothly the 2 best plugins I prefer on e2 devices is jedi and xtream editor as you can select what catagories you want installed and is not provider dependant for epg

Mag boxes seem to get a very bad press, but find a decent provider and they are really easy to set up with no maintenance needed. Yes there’s the odd codec issue but that really isn’t an issue. Also nice neat bouquets, basically you get what it says on the tin. Mag 322s about £70 bought dozens on amazon no clone issues all genuine.

I have never used a mag box but Firestick and IPTV Smarters are perfect (for me anyway). Easy to set up and does everything I need.

I've had a 4k Firestick upstairs for two months and haven't encountered a single occasion that's suggested it might need to be hard wired. They're designed as WiFi devices.
They are but hard wired will always give a better connection every single time.

Back