ADVICE PLEASE

I've had a 4k Firestick upstairs for two months and haven't encountered a single occasion that's suggested it might need to be hard wired. They're designed as WiFi devices.

Agreed works fine on WIFI. But I do get why hard wired connection is always considered number 1 priority for any device if possible.

But cant deny wifi works fine for IPTV, streaming etc.

A hard wired connection isn't needed.

If you are far from the router for instance and wifi signal is being affected and you are getting normal issues like freezing, buffering etc then you could try to hard wire the device to see if that resolves the issues.

But again from my experience I havent had major issues with wifi on fire stick for instance as thats what use on wifi. Odd issues here and there but that is normal imo. Havent bothered using wired connection and doubt I will unless things get really worse for instance.

A hard wired connection isn't needed.
Wrong in many cases and because wifi is ok with you others do have issues (fact) Slow speeds (broadband) distance more the 5 metres in different rooms ect ect. Believe me i know better than most on here and i will not go into details but lets just says have setup thousands of devices.

Wrong in many cases and because wifi is ok with you others do have issues (fact) Slow speeds (broadband) distance more the 5 metres in different rooms ect ect. Believe me i know better than most on here and i will not go into details but lets just says have setup thousands of devices.

You said "hard wired every time" and now you're saying "in many cases."

If you have slow broadband or the device struggles due to distance from router then of course a wired connection is best. Most people will not, in this day and age of fast Internet speeds, need a wired connection. Often iptv providers try to convince people that they do, when the issue isn't down to bad WiFi.

It's one of those that works for one won't work for others I have most devices hardwired except my firestick although I can have it hardwired I don't find issue with WiFi plus for some they may have major black spots so get poor WiFi hence hardwired is better for some

Hard wired will give the best connection and that is a fact so if possible every time.It cuts out problems that may occur even when you think they cannot.Can argue the toss all day long but i have seen it dozens and dozens of times even when the router is in the same room with a decent speed but what do i know. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Wifi is much better imo.

For example, if you use your neighbours Internet it's much better using Wifi than drilling a hole in your living room through the wall and looking through a glory hole trying to find the router Next Door to hardwire the Ethernet Cable in while the poor guy is sitting in his living room watching TV having his dinner.

Hard wired will give the best connection and that is a fact so if possible every time.It cuts out problems that may occur even when you think they cannot.Can argue the toss all day long but i have seen it dozens and dozens of times even when the router is in the same room with a decent speed but what do i know. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

No one disputes hard wired connection is best compared to wifi connection.

But for some they may not be able to hard wire their devices with wifi being the only method.

Not everyone will have issues with wifi it will depend on many factors the issues and its not always down to Wifi

Wifi is much better imo.

For example, if you use your neighbours Internet it's much better using Wifi than drilling a hole in your living room through the wall and looking through a glory hole trying to find the router Next Door to hardwire the Ethernet Cable in while the poor guy is sitting in his living room watching TV having his dinner
I did 3 flats up and a shop a few years ago and new my mate was having one of the flats so hardwired one of his double sockets into the shop main ring (wiring)My mate was our labourer and all was good until he was running 3 electric fires from the dodgy socket and the guy in the shop had a bill for over £700 for a fax machine-kettle-lights.Lets just say we got a new labourer :ROFLMAO:

There's a simple test - stream from a legitimate source over WiFi such as YouTube, Prime etc. If it streams fine, you don't need a wired connection. The only people who dispute this are iptv sellers covering up for a bad service.

Ye true mate.

Dont get why Wifi always is to blame.

As you say if you have issues with legit services over wifi then fair enough you know wired connection is needed.

But again that varies from person to person.

There's a simple test - stream from a legitimate source over WiFi such as YouTube, Prime etc. If it streams fine, you don't need a wired connection. The only people who dispute this are iptv sellers covering up for a bad service.
You really are one track minded on this subject but it is what it is i suppose.Not sure what iptv providers have to do with a device being hard wired or wifi.

You really are one track minded on this subject but it is what it is i suppose.

Mate you cant just assume what you are saying is 100% right an anything else that is advised is complete nonsense.

Anyway your entitled to your opinion on the matter as is everyone for that matter also.

I gave me experience and a few others on WIFI connection on their devices.

Will say it again not everyone will experience the same issues with WIFI and have to have hard wired connection. It will be different for each individual.

You really are one track minded on this subject but it is what it is i suppose.Not sure what iptv providers have to do with a device being hard wired or wifi.

You don't seem to be able to admit that you might be wrong no matter how many times you've had to move the goalposts.

I'm sure Joe Bezos appreciates all the pointless £13 purchases you've hoodwinked people into making though!

Mate you cant just assume what you are saying is 100% right an anything else that is advised is complete nonsense.

Anyway your entitled to your opinion on the matter as is everyone for that matter also.

I gave me experience and a few others on WIFI connection on their devices.

Will say it again not everyone will experience the same issues with WIFI and have to have hard wired connection. It will be different for each individual.
Where have i mentioned other advise is compete nonsense ????? I posted to hard wire every time if possible and you guys are going on about the wifi connection not me.

Back