Are sly faffin with the service ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure someone somewhere is working on the problem lol

[video=youtube;1xJYEPkbBz8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xJYEPkbBz8[/video]

Also noticed that my original box had a new menu too, Plus that must of come down sat signal since my box is not connected to phone line in anyway?
Possibly could be messing with our normal signal. Dam sky and there crap.

i notice in this thread that someone mentions sly are messing about with their internet. Do you have any more info on this.
My broadband has been rock solid for a good year, all of a sudden its dropping out at least once an hour. And I have a billion router where I can tweak the snr and it's still being problematic.

It seems to have stopped---no blimping/glitching etc for quite a while---perhaps it was to stop you footie fans having a good weekend of viewing lol
Reaper.

It seems to have stopped---no blimping/glitching etc for quite a while---perhaps it was to stop you footie fans having a good weekend of viewing lol
Reaper.

Been on sly sports 1 since the start of the scotty game and not one glitch or blimp as you say. Seems to have settled. :pop smiley:

i notice in this thread that someone mentions sly are messing about with their internet. Do you have any more info on this.
My broadband has been rock solid for a good year, all of a sudden its dropping out at least once an hour. And I have a billion router where I can tweak the snr and it's still being problematic.

google sky ipv6 settings ?

just popped downstairs to have a smoke and noticed the simpsons froze twice in the space of a couple of mins so still got issues here :(

I'm in notts and had a problem with glitching during F1 and for a while after so I turned tv off, turned it back on about 10 minutes ago and so far no problems, my internet is with VM

Mines is so much better from this afternoon, as I said earlier discovery channels were all freezing after 4 seconds for a long time however now I only had 1 short glitch after 5 mins. I do have poor Internet as I live miles from the exchange. BT bb, NE Scotland.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I'll give a brief explanation - I hope it makes some sense.

I'd say the majority sat servers (not all) share the same cache since just running on local cards isn't viable due to the load put on the cards, although, most servers just run on cache without any local cards at all.

What's happening most likely is that some bad cache is reporting bad keys such as 44332211 rather than 11223344 as an example. This will be fixed once the source of the bad cache is found and removed which will then fix the bad key reporting leading for the ECMs to reach without the bad source resulting in no glitching.

These days it's very rare to find a server with actual local cards - they could just turn the cache off until the issue is resolvd. Another point to mention on Sateliite is that the QAM256 trick can be used by servers running OScam to fool boxes that report CAIDs that they have locals when they actually do not - it's like a phantom card.

To sum it up, cache is amazing when it works but when it has issues, it's hard to track down the source. Cache exchanging (as these keys cannot be controlled or their reliability guaranteed) can lead to freezing if the channel clears from the cache-exchange but doesn't reach within the ECM timeout.

Edit: One IMPORTANT fact - Just because a server is more expensive than others, it doesn't mean it has local cards either.

Last edited:
Mine glitching like hell got a test line off here that was recommended & that's just as bad I don't think it's the line my ping is low as is ECM I'm up in hull so not with sky we only have Kcom it's the only ISP here and they have there own lines/cables what it is I don't know but seems to much a coincidence everyone is having this with usually stable lines

I'm in Hull too family on Purebroadband and a friend on KC Lightstream having issues too.

Rest as ease guys the problem is not cache neither bad ecm shall it be it would show in our panel that the channel froze from server side (i should remind you that not all server owners are noobies)
The issue might be coming from the old card but we are still trying to find the source of the problem
Currently the freezes doesn't appear from server sides but it does on clients side so please notify your supplier that he is having a problem , no need to spam or get angry though as this problem seem to be affecting a lot of servers

Sent from my K10000 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back