Are sly faffin with the service ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not box specific since a lot of different boxes reported in theard.

True, but the effect may be more noticeable on some boxes than others. For example, I run a zgemma H2S in my living room and my old 2S in my bedroom, both on the same line. When a glitch occurs, the H2S only 'hiccups' a bit, like a quick pixelation with a momentary break in the audio. On my old 2S however, this translates as a full on freeze which can last for 5 seconds or more as the box tries to re-acquire the line I assume. I tested this by leaving both boxes on the same channel Sly Sports 1 and monitoring the one upstairs while on mute, with the downstairs H2S on with the volume up. The H2S would hiccup and then carry on fine, whereas the 2S would freeze for several seconds. So we might conclude from this that the more powerful your box, the less noticeable this issue will be. Maybe? :)

Hi, I have had the same problem for a few days, though it was my line tries a free test line and still the same. Sky fiber broadband/openbox v8s. Hopefully it ends soon as TV is unwatchable at the moment

Ive texted a guy who works for sly dont know if it will do any good though, LOL dont worry hes as bent as us lot :)

Could be a cache issue has explained by Alikhan

As an update: I've spoken to some Sat servers. Most of them agree with me that it's most likely a bad remote cache BUT some have said they think Sky are messing with CAID 0963 which makes the glitches only occur client side while OScam can't see why it's glitching since the ECMs are fine.

I've also tested out some other servers and some are running fine with the normal odd glitch so I would say Sky messing is rubbish.

Last edited:
I did not have a problem with mine was running normal Post office internet next door had problems ( Sky) same server

Well I got a reply back he says not to worry sly wont stop this....in other words he hasnt got a flippin clue either,dont know what I was expecting like LOL told him that if they dont stop messing I will go and cut the cables of every genuine sly customer, It wont do naff all for us like but it will make me feel better. says he will take my threats to the big man sat on a beech somewhere :)

Its not box specific since a lot of different boxes reported in theard.

True, but the effect may be more noticeable on some boxes than others. For example, I run a zgemma H2S in my living room and my old 2S in my bedroom, both on the same line. When a glitch occurs, the H2S only 'hiccups' a bit, like a quick pixelation with a momentary break in the audio. On my old 2S however, this translates as a full on freeze which can last for 5 seconds or more as the box tries to re-acquire the line I assume. I tested this by leaving both boxes on the same channel Sly Sports 1 and monitoring the one upstairs while on mute, with the downstairs H2S on with the volume up. The H2S would hiccup and then carry on fine, whereas the 2S would freeze for several seconds. So we might conclude from this that the more powerful your box, the less noticeable this issue will be. Maybe? :)
Ive 3 h2s boxes downstairs box closest to router only gets occasional glitch whereas the two upstairs are almost un watchable freezing regularly for minimum 5 seconds, i am using wall plugs for ethernet cables to the boxes, im not sure if these are part of the problem but bb seems to be working fine for phones/laptop, it all started about a week ago, i was just trying to wait it out but this evening i came on here searching and found this thread so il mail my provider to let him know, im in dublin, Ireland, txt a mate on the same provider and he says he gets just the odd glitch, hes on vm bb im on sky,

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

[h=1]Problems at Sky[/h] Published: 09/04/2016 6:17 p.m.
By: downdetector.co.uk

Sky is having issues since 18:17. Are you also affected? Leave a message in the comments. [h=4]Most reported problems:[/h]
Internet (83%)
TV (16%)

Well folk--there's your answer, so can we all go to bed happy now lol
Reaper.

Taken straight from inside my plusnet user account help page........

Planned BT Network Maintenance - Week commencing 6th September 2016

02/09/2016 @ 14:53
When is this work happening?
Overnight throughout the week.

What does it affect?
Broadband connectivity.

How long will it take?
Up to six hours each time.

What does the work involve?
We've received notifications from our suppliers about maintenance work that is scheduled to take place in the following areas this week. This work typically takes place between midnight and 6am.

6th September
Evesham, Southport,

9th September
Slough

Although these are the areas or exchanges we have been notified of, due to the nature of the broadband network these outages may affect customers nationwide. There are also a number of smaller exchange works most nights of the week that may cause smaller outages at individual exchanges.

Am I likely to notice the work?
Yes, there's a chance that you may be disconnected from the internet for a period of time during the maintenance window.

Is there anything else I need to know?
Any customers having problems connecting once the maintenance is complete are advised to log into their router interface and click connect.

Kind regards,

Customer Support

I've also noted that on other sites UK wide network repairs and/or upgrades have been running for around 10+ days, its been stated that random providers and random areas are experiencing difficulty at random times.
My tv has been perfect all weekend but went off just 30mins ago, my mate who lives 10mins away is up and running just fine but we both use the same server provider but different internet providers, so it's confusing.

But from what I've seen around different sites it appears that the world class company that is Openreach/BT has screwed something up big time and it's obviously not just a simple fix, that's just an educated guess I suppose and could be totally wrong but lots of things pointing to that from lots of sources right now including official sources like Plusnet above.

Weird one anyway, work in Evesham, Southport and Slough but nationwide there may be outages........makes perfect sense?!?!

---------- Post Merged at 01:53 AM ----------

Just to add, found this through Openreach/BT, its a PDF outlining planned engineering works and has a nationwide upgrade to provide ipv6 support penciled in and ongoing, its on page 6 and planned to be completed my the end of September from what I can make out, so far they've completed 6 of 20 nationwide upgrades.

Not sure if its related or completely relevant but there's been a lot of guessing going on and at least this is something official to show nationwide work is happening.....

https://www.btwholesale.com/pages/static/help-and-support/network-information.htm

Last edited:
Not sure if this helps but found this on sky forum.
You can only disable IPv6 on the LAN side. This can be done by logging into the Sky Hub at http://192.168.0.1 user name is admin and password sky. Select the Advanced tab, then select the LAN IP Setup lab. The LAN side can be disabled by unticking Enable IPv6 on LAN side, then pressing Apply.

I don't know why anyone would wish to disable IPv6, as it's the future of IP addressing on the internet?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I thought mine had fixed itself as it was fine from late last night till about a hour ago (I was up almost all night with my daughter) but it seems the freezing is back again. Its really bizarre that it comes and goes the way its doing

Not sure if this helps but found this on sky forum.
You can only disable IPv6 on the LAN side. This can be done by logging into the Sky Hub at http://192.168.0.1 user name is admin and password sky. Select the Advanced tab, then select the LAN IP Setup lab. The LAN side can be disabled by unticking Enable IPv6 on LAN side, then pressing Apply.

I don't know why anyone would wish to disable IPv6, as it's the future of IP addressing on the internet?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Just tried this and rebooted got a freeze within 2mins on history channel

3f5a3480c8eb2c17533e22bf03583ac7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back