Best image?

Ive just ordered a star 2S and was wandering what the best image to use is? Ive been told Hades but where do you get the latest version? Thanks

Or there are pre set up images from vix and openatv in firmware in zgemma section here if uv never set up before

Is there a dummies guide to the zgemma 2s? How to move my nline onto it etc? I know I have to use a program over the network to transfer it

Read the guides by mtpockets and sucmnsee in the downloads section where you can also DL their pre-configured backup files. Both are excellent and very informative.

My preference is for OpenATV, purely because it is a supported distro on the ZGemma boxes, whereas OpenVix isn't. Try to run an OTA upgrade on Vix on a ZGemma and you risk bricking it. i wont go into the politics behind that. Both are very good, though, and the operational differences between them amount to not very much at all.

This is true. But as proved over the past cpl of months updating even the supported images all the time isnt advised. Imho ur best getting whichever image u like sorted and leaving it alone! Lol

Back