Best IPTV Box Right Now?

The only android I use is the Fire TV Cube and only very rarely for IPTV. Never tried recording on it.
Tivimate works for recording on android, but it's a bit of pallyava! Leaving device awake etc, I used to use E2 but now and again it would fart and everything was lost! Catch up is probably the best answer

Recording via implayer onto usb stick in OTG adaptor on firestick 4k works fine as does recording to internal memory on cube, however if i set cube to record to nas the recording drops around 30 mins which i read somewhere is some android limit setting. Andriod issue is something that I have had no interest in sorting as I (like Willo) use E2 4k box for main viewing and recording where series link is invaluable

Think i'll try the OTG adaptor. The 4K firestick is flawless to be honest, it was just the storage issue, the OTG might just solve it. Worth a blast. Trouble for me is this is for an offgrid campervan setup. So i'll have to got the streaming route.
But if anyone suggests a better option (y):blush:

Think i'll try the OTG adaptor. The 4K firestick is flawless to be honest, it was just the storage issue, the OTG might just solve it. Worth a blast. Trouble for me is this is for an offgrid campervan setup. So i'll have to got the streaming route.
But if anyone suggests a better option (y):blush:
Formuler range you can record via USB no messing with adaptors just plug the USB stick in and can set timers for recording.
I use formuler cc box with USB connected

I think you can stick a USB stick or card in any android box directly except the Firestick where you need a otg cable!

I think you can stick a USB stick or card in any android box directly except the Firestick where you need a otg cable!
yes the simple things in life that amazon did not add to firestick usb ports been available on most android tv type boxes since the start.

Last edited:
Bit the bullet and finally got a Formuler device. Z11 Pro Max. It's immense for IPTV! Best I have ever used, bar none.

The thing that did stand out was it was the only device that flicked sky sports main event uhd into HLG HRD. Apple TV wouldn't, not the shield pro with TiVimate. Great device.

The sheild will but it depends on your settings buddy. And it has to be true UHD otherwise dare I say it it will just upscale or if it's already upscaled by stream source it will do nothing.

Quite a few of the sky UHD streams are just upscaled the BT ones with SIM card in the corner are genuine enough.

Glad you are enjoying your new device. I have had to put a stop to buying them lol otherwise be like bazz and have a warehouse under the stairs

The sheild will but it depends on your settings buddy. And it has to be true UHD otherwise dare I say it it will just upscale or if it's already upscaled by stream source it will do nothing.

Quite a few of the sky UHD streams are just upscaled the BT ones with SIM card in the corner are genuine enough.

Glad you are enjoying your new device. I have had to put a stop to buying them lol otherwise be like bazz and have a warehouse under the stairs

Do you know what needs to be set on the shield for them to play? I could get 4K HDR to play, they would trigger my LG OLED into HDR, but nothing which was HLG triggered into HLD. On the Z11 it flicks straight over and looks amazing. The Sky streams which are fake I guess are the ones which don't trigger HLG even on the Z11, just upscaled and you can tell for sure by the stream bitrate.

Thete is a link on nivida forum that tells you how to access a secret menu on lg tvs this will work but for some reason can't copy it here.

Thete is a link on nivida forum that tells you how to access a secret menu on lg tvs this will work but for some reason can't copy it here.

Ah, I know the one you mean. It basically fakes it doesn’t it? And then you have to keep changing back after you’ve done with HLG. Skipped it as it wasn’t fit for purpose really, Just a temp hack.

“Go to all settings, picture mode, stay on select mode. Press 1113111. This will open the menu. Now you are in the secret menu. Go to EOTF. Find HLG and you are good to go.”

That’s the workaround above if anyone else needs it.

The formuler definitely trumps the shield here, no workaround needed.

Ah, I know the one you mean. It basically fakes it doesn’t it? And then you have to keep changing back after you’ve done with HLG. Skipped it as it wasn’t fit for purpose really, Just a temp hack.

“Go to all settings, picture mode, stay on select mode. Press 1113111. This will open the menu. Now you are in the secret menu. Go to EOTF. Find HLG and you are good to go.”

That’s the workaround above if anyone else needs it.

The formuler definitely trumps the shield here, no workaround needed.
I don't seem to need that work around on Samsung TV with Pro Shield! But I do have Google play and 4k Netflix bit like going for the Vaulkswagon Polo instead of the Golf imo👀👀

Back