Blade 7000 Combo - Terrestrial TV on Cable Tuner?

jazz

Any idea if the second tuner on the Blade 7000 Combo can be used for terrestrial TV instead of cable? I think this is possible for the Blade 8000 combo, not sure if the 7000 is the same.

hello mate, i am sorry i don't have a answer for your particular question but i have one of my own for you. does the 7000 combo work on cable? i have looked at my tuner 2 on the back and it does not look like the regular fitment for a vermin cable lead. is there an adapter that has to be bought and will it actually work with vermin? cheers pal

There are two different models of Blade 7000 Combos (fitted with twin tuners), it's either Sky/Cable or Sky/Terrestrial TV. If it's the Sky/Cable combination you have you are ok for VM, that's if you also have a cable sub line..

You may not be?
You have the same connections has my blade combo (sky/cable version). You will need an adapter to connect the cable feed. Perhaps it's worth getting the adapter and to carry out a cable tuner scan, you don't need a sub line to find the cable channels, which will confirm if you have the sky/cable model.
blade.jpg

jazz thanks for that photo i have clicked the magic buttons for you, looks a match to my box, i have ordered an adapter from ebay. what firmware are you running? i assume you have a live vermin feed and sly by your photo are they both up and running? can you toggle between tuners? as if so i may keep my sly sub running as a back up cheers pal

Back