Blade BM5000s in reboot loop after firmware update

Hi, I'm new to this site and forum and would be grateful for any help on resolving my issue. I received a new BM5000s box and first thing I done was to update firmware with following file GZ1311006_CA_23.2.r6615_su.ssu

The update seemed to load ok but the box is now stuck in a constant reboot loop. I get to the blade media...please wait splash screen and the box restarts. I have worked with the BM7000s and know how to factory rest but this new box doesn't seem to have the same recovery options.

At this stage I'm happy to just load the official firmware. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

go through the menu functions using remote click menu and then go through the apps that appear there will be a factory reset in one of the menus

Hi, unfortunately the box doesn't load that far. As soon as it gets to the blade boot up splash screen it reboots and sits in this constant loop.

The problem I have is definitely related to the unofficial firmware I installed. Box seemed to work perfectly up to that point although installing the firmware was one of the first things I done. I double checked it was the correct fw and plenty of other people seem to have used it without complaint. Maybe I was just unlucky. Read somewhere that someone was able to re flashed the BM5000s via rs232 using hyperterminal. I was hoping for a slightly easier solution!

I had a reboot loop. It happened when I had a hard drive/flash drive installed. I removed this, and the box loaded okay..... I then reinserted the flash drive and reflashed the firmware.

I would say the only way to recover at the moment will be via the rs232 and hypertrm or putty. iv searched the net and tried many programs and hypertrm was the only program that would read the bootloader for the box. Maybe blade will release a rs232 software for the 5000 the same way that they have for the 7000 in th future but for the time being hypertrm is the only way that i have found. When i done my box i told Blade i sorted it and they replyed with a congratulations from the engineers as the rs232 is legacy and the info isnt in the public domain on how to refalsh via this port. It is meant for the manufacurers only

Did this get sorted, I'm having the same.problem, installed box switched on, installed firmware from this forum and just stuck in a constant loop, please help before it goes through the window.

hi there ive got same problemive tryed uploading through rs232 the firmware ,,i get the error coming up can somewone put me onto the right firmware to flash the box with best regards

hi ive tried the firmware flashing with rs232 after loading it ciomes up we error 4 ? has anyone sucesssfully flashed there box please let us no were im going wrong

---------- Post Merged at 10:25 PM ----------

Blade RS232 Nova Upgrader RS232 PC to STB Flash Loader (Recommended for experts only)try this mate if you get it to work let us no thanks

hi there loaded the firmware through flashing the box with{[using the blde rs232 nova upgrader] but i need the 9991 firmware to put on the box ie full instructions how to load it onto the box with out causing the looping problem

Hi i had the looping problem and managed to reflash the box several times using the Blade RS232 Nova Upgrader and the latest firmware from the Blade website. Done it three or four times today because very time i upload a new firmware it goes back to the looping problem. still can't get the 9991 menu so if anyone can help that would be great.

Hi mate im in same boat its wierd that some have theres up and running were you get your box from mine off amazon i thinks its gonna be going back pretty soon if any one reading this has solved the blade problem could they kindlyt help us newbies thanks again for all the advice ive got the loose round me neck over it lol

I've got the same problem. bought mine a few weeks ago. the box seemed to stall during the update flash process and now just goes into a constant boot loop. very frustrating. bought a usb to rs232 cable as I have laptop rather than pc. tried to communicate with box. all very complicated. no success. don't want the hassle of trying to send the box back to my ebay supplier. surely there must be some easier fix or easier instructions around to sort this.

any help would be appreciated. cheers

I've got the same problem. bought mine a few weeks ago. the box seemed to stall during the update flash process and now just goes into a constant boot loop. very frustrating. bought a usb to rs232 cable as I have laptop rather than pc. tried to communicate with box. all very complicated. no success. don't want the hassle of trying to send the box back to my ebay supplier. surely there must be some easier fix or easier instructions around to sort this.

any help would be appreciated. cheers

Seems to be happening a lot at the moment. Must be a batch manufactured that don't get on with the current 9991 firmware for some reason. I tried flashing one purchased by someone from fleabay the other day, with the same boot loop problem. Had to give it back, would only work with the original Blade firmware from their website. Might have to sit it out till there is some sort of software/firmware update.

Back