Blade Media Combo Firmware.

Combo and BM7000 usually have different firmware
so I wouldn't load it if it isn't a combo

Hi Guys, im having problems with my combo box. Lots of channels missing/scrambled etc... is the above the latest firmware? Cheers

This is the latest combo firmware

Before messing with firmware though i would go to blade online in the menu and
download the latest CNDF file for your area see tutorial here

Start at the 6th pic down, you may have lost them due to channel frequency moves. SS2, Boxnation, ESPN, Setanta and a good few others have been effected
over the last few weeks.

Last edited:
I have set up Blade 7000s before, but now have a Combo box. I see there is firmware on this site to get into the 9991 menu, but I am required to make a post first. So hopefully I will be able to download and try it. I will report back here!

---------- Post Merged at 05:46 PM ----------

No, still cannot download the Combo firmware after one post. If an administrator reads this, please let me know how I can download. Thanks

---------- Post Merged at 05:56 PM ----------

Success! Firmware downloaded. Now to try it on the box.

I have set up Blade 7000s before, but now have a Combo box. I see there is firmware on this site to get into the 9991 menu, but I am required to make a post first. So hopefully I will be able to download and try it. I will report back here!

---------- Post Merged at 05:46 PM ----------

No, still cannot download the Combo firmware after one post. If an administrator reads this, please let me know how I can download. Thanks

---------- Post Merged at 05:56 PM ----------

Success! Firmware downloaded. Now to try it on the box.
Help! When downloaded, this firmware appears as a .rar file. The file is on my memory stick and appears in the File Manager, but it does not appear in the File Download section. It seems as if a .rar file is not recognised by the box. Any ideas please?

Can someone tell me the difference between a BM7000s and Blade 7000 Combo?

The Combo is supposed to have more RAM and a faster CPU. In addition the Combo has a satellite tuner and a second tuner (DVB-C). As far as I can make out this second tuner is a digital terrestrial tuner, but I am at a loss to understand what you would use it for! Cable TV I suppose?

Second tuner is for cable and I have heard there are the odd few servers out there
but the sat side is used by most people.

Who knows if sat c/s ends we may be searching all over to get hold of one :laughing:

Back