Can I run 3 boxes off one dish?

if you have a quad lnb you can run 3 boxes but you will also have to run 3 cables from the lnb to each box you wish to use, you will also prob need 3 clines if you are hoping to view channels sometimes your supplier will allow give you a special price for 3 boxes.

lnb and clines?? what are they

I have found out what lnb's are, when I googled clines I got Patsy Cline

Last edited:
one reason you will only get FTA channels so no sport or Movies or any channels that require a subscription

Thanks boxt, if I'm using the F3 box with latest firmware will I still need the clines?

Last edited:
Thanks boxt, if I'm using the F3 box with latest firmware will I still need the clines?

Any third party sat box yes or you will have to pay a sub to sky for their boxes that is the simple answer, or you could go cable route get a KV box and flash it watch it for free and no subs.

I have this problem. Wanting to buy a box for the kids room but have no spare cable. If i used a triple lnb keeping 2 in my bedroom and a spare could i pass that through the wall into their room and use that for a box in there. obviously only a single tuner. Would i need to use a signal booster too so as to not interfere with my current signal or drop signal on the extra line in their room?

Thanks in advance guys (y)

I have this problem. Wanting to buy a box for the kids room but have no spare cable. If i used a triple lnb keeping 2 in my bedroom and a spare could i pass that through the wall into their room and use that for a box in there. obviously only a single tuner. Would i need to use a signal booster too so as to not interfere with my current signal or drop signal on the extra line in their room?

Thanks in advance guys (y)

You could get a Sky quad LNB and run a new cable from it, plus you will have one connection spare should you wish to add another box at a later date.
They're about 12 quid if you look online and should fit straight onto a sky dish without any hassle.
OR you could route one of the cable to their room and use a Johansson Stacker / Destacker for your box downstairs.

Kieron

Back