Can these boxes connect by 3G?

newby1976

My mum doesn't have wifi but she would like a box.

Can these boxes connect by 3G?
Do I need a dongle?
Where can I buy?

Have you thought of getting a mifi router and contract ? then you could add a wifi dongle (if not built in to your sat box already) and connect that way ... but check you have 4g coverage first as that's how i use my internet... from 2mb land line to 40mb 4g with 50g download a month ... :)

Skybox/openbox can connect via 3g dongle.
But you can purchase a 3g mobile router as used in caravans then connect box.
Reaper.

Go for a TP link mobile router and make sure its mains powered,You can the use the 3G dongle in the router for your internet connection but i would use giff gaff as they are the only one who offer unlimited momile data on pay as you go,I would also connect the box to the router with an ethernet cable for best connection

Why would you choose giffgaff....u don't need unlimited data....waste of £20 a month in my opinion.

Last edited:
Why would you choose giffgaff....u don't need unlimited data....waste of £20 a month in my opinion.
My friend you can use who ever provider you like but for some one with no internet connection giff gaff is a good option,If you have ever used mobile data then you will know that it can eat up all your data,Giff Gaff at £20 a month is unlimited Minutes texts and data with no contract so a great opion

Now ladies don't get snotty. The guy is just looking for constructive comments and help!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back