Cannot find or use mgcam 1.38

wooshman

VIP Member
Cannot find or use mgcam 1.38.

Hi all

Firstly thank you for such a huge amount of info in one place and so many people ready and happy to help.

OK, I took delivery of my shiny new Zgemma H2S and plugged it in. I then followed the guide by Kiddac (a few times) down to mgcam install. This morning I did a clean install of the OpenATV 5.1 latest build and started all over again for learning purposes. Now I have Slyk and list of all free and sly channels, the EPG works and the misses is happy.

So, on to my provider to ask for a test line. Now this is where the fun starts. I received my two files and copied them to the usr/keys folder.

I have downloaded mgcam 1.38 ipk from here and installed it but when I do Menu -> Info Panel, I have no SoftCam Panel to click on. I have looked everywhere too. I have looked in plugins, I have looked in plugins to download and can't even see mgcam listed anywhere.

I understand I can install and pre built image but I won't learn that way.

Please can someone tell me what step I am missing? This is, in theory, my last step to completion on the sly channels.

Thanks in advance.
Woosh

Last edited:
press menu button there will be something in there saying softcams

see iff mgcamd is in there you need to green tick to activate it

here you go just unrar file

if i remember right on OpenATV 5.1they is no softcam pannel thats why a lot use tspanel

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-tspanel_7.5_all.rar
    1.9 MB · Views: 326
Last edited:
With open atv you have to Google the softcam panel as instructed by kiddac then you can download cams from plugins

press menu button there will be something in there saying softcams

see iff mgcamd is in there you need to green tick to activate it

Nope, no softcams anywhere... I am stumped.

Menu button just shows:

Info Panel
Information
Timers
Plugins
Setup
Standby/Restart

Thanks inbed79, I will certainly use that if I cannot find the mgcam 1.38, I am one of these pains in the ar*e which likes to know why it won't work when it should, but believe me, if I can't find it soon, your ipk will be on the box in seconds.

---------- Post Merged at 10:01 PM ----------

I ftpd the ipk across and installed, just rebooting.

OpenATV have stopped all support for softcam and emu's on their images you can not download any cams from they plugins

With open atv you have to Google the softcam panel as instructed by kiddac then you can download cams from plugins

Sorry dsayers, I missed your post. Right OK. I did see that part but being a complete newbie to all this I wasn't sure if the H2s was different from H2 and didn't want to brick my box. I will have a google and a look. Thank you.

On here, sucmnsee, but never did the google search before that so I am going that now.

TS panel is installed though thank you, but wanting to see if I can get mgcam running too. Silly I know, but helps me learn a little.

You don't need to once you have the feeds downloaded you can download the cam from plugins but use the mg_cfg and newcamd.list that you have just downloaded

install tspanel then open it in plugins goto softcams download mgcam 1.38 then add you lines rebootbox go back in to tspanel then back to cams and restart
mgcam 1.38
976051120.jpg

Last edited:
1_0_19_1B1D_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0.jpg
install tspanel then open it in plugins goto softcams download mgcam 1.38 then add you lines rebootbox go back in to tspanel then back to cams and restart
mgcam 1.38

Yep, just got there and it sort of made sense.

I will have a play as I can't be far away.

Thanks guys for your input. I will get the hang of it all one day.

---------- Post Merged at 10:28 PM ----------

mgcam 1.38
View attachment 15135

OK, so mgcam 1.38 comes up in softcams with "No ecm info" underneath, I cannot see where I load? the files I was sent. I have just re-ftp'd them to the user/keys folder and over written the two that were there.

restart the cam not at my box but should be green tick next to cam you may have to rebotbox

make sure you only have your 2 files in usr/keys

Last edited:
restart the cam not at my box but should be green tick next to cam you may have to rebotbox

make sure you only have your 2 files in usr/keys

Noob question, so quite literally the only two files should be those I have been sent?

Back