Cannot Get Any DVB-C Signal

So just bought a Gigablue X3 running the latest Vix image.
Got the VM cable running directly into the tuner so no splitters or anything.
Brand new cable.
Broadband working absolutely fine using same cables etc.
Configured and scanned the tuner in every way possible following various threads on here but its not picking up a single channel.

Configured auto bouquestsmaker.
Done automatic, manual, full scans. Set the correct Net ID etc etc but still nothing.

At a total loss

Auto bouquets gives oxford 00020 so i entered that.
I live 5 miles outside of Oxford so would i still fall into that region?

That might not be the case, there used to be both NTL and cable telewest and they go with different net id

I can see 00013 as well, this could be the issue

Last edited:
So my tuner settings as follows

Tuner type - DVB-C
Config mode - Enabled
Network ID - 00020 (Also tried 00013)
Used service scan type - Provider
Provider to scan - virgin Media UK (6952) also tried Virgin media UK (ex CW) whatever that is.

Still not getting a sniff

My broadband is absolutely fine so i know the line is live.
Totally stumped

Yeah.
Tuner B - Cable in

---------- Post Merged at 10:57 PM ----------

Also in signal finder it finds nothing

---------- Post Merged at 11:03 PM ----------

And in manual scan I've done a complete scan and still finds nothing

SO you got it in tuner B and your using a screw in adapter yeah? If there's no signal then either the feed is in the wrong port at the back or the tuner isn't configured correct to have no signal at all. You have vm bband so the signal is there. Or is there an issue from the direct feed from the junction box on the wall to the box?

Not screw in
Coax cable running directly from VM wall box, connected into tuner with an F type adapter which is push in.
Next to that port is the loop out (same card)

Yeah it screws in to the vm feed and is pushed into place, I don't know about these boxes but by looking at the image of the back in should only fit in one anyway. Have you had vm services running from that box on the wall to a box before? Not the from the internet feed..

No.
Only ever had VM broadband

then it looks like you aint getting a signal from the vm junction box on the wall to the box. That being the case I would split off from the bband feed and all will be good. It could be that the feed to that box on the wall is broken or the vm adapter switch in the box is knackered which is why you have no signal
If you add the bbband feed to the new box I'm pretty sure you can scan and get the channels, only the sd fta channels will clear. Then once the splitter is added you box will clear the premium channels providing you have a vm sub from a provider

Ok.
Followed those two screenshots to the letter and still no getting anything.

---------- Post Merged at 11:44 PM ----------

So out the VM junction box is a single coax connection.
This is what my router is usually connected to and is fine as internet is running full speed.
Just as a process of elimination ive disconnected the router from the junc box and using the same cable attached to the same connection on the junc box ive connected my Gigablue box into tuner A cable in.
As my internet is fine, i must be live.

---------- Post Merged at 11:48 PM ----------

Unless something is going on inside the junc box that is faulty that i dont know about, i can't see why I'm not getting a signal

Ok so we now know that the connection from that wall box is live and the internet feed is live, this then means its the box. How many tuners does that box have and have you configured it correct and set to DVB/C enabled.

I assume the junc box is exactly the same whether its running broadband or TV. No extra parts inside say

---------- Post Merged at 11:56 PM ----------

3 tuners.
Tuner A - DVB-S2 (which is sat right. Im not using this.
Tuner B - Giga DVB-C/T NIM
Tuner C - Giga DVB-C/T NIM

As before

Tuner type - DVB-C
Config mode - Enabled
Network ID - 00020 (Also tried 00013)
Used service scan type - Provider
Provider to scan - virgin Media UK (6952)

I assume the junc box is exactly the same whether its running broadband or TV. No extra parts inside say

In my junction boxes on the wall there are isolator switches but I'm thinking if your internet works from the wall feed then the issue isn't with the wall box or the internet feed and more to do with the tuner setup on the box

Back