Cannot Get Any DVB-C Signal

Yeah internet is absolutely fine.
Nothing to do with the Vix image no?
Faulty tuner card in the box?

Faulty tuner card might be it, you must be able to manually scan this box with either 6952 symbol rate or 6887, have you tried a blind scan with 6952?

Yep done both those, nothing.
Also in manual scan I've done, scan type - complete.
Which i assume is the mother of all scans?
Doesnt pick up anything

Yep done both those, nothing.
Also in manual scan I've done, scan type - complete.
Which i assume is the mother of all scans?
Doesnt pick up anything

I think you've pretty much exhausted all options really, I can think of anything else. At the very least the box should blind scan and pick up the channels. Granted they wouldn't be in bouquets but at least you would know its not feed related

FYI when i go into blind scan its just black. Not options to start any scan

Really appreciate your help btw.
I must go to bed. This has given me a headache

Dont understand how you have managed to connect the box without using a splitter when you only subscribe to VM broadband.

You still need to split the feed coming in to the house, even vm do that to fit a stb.
My junction box on the wall has to outlets but only one is live!

Dont understand how you have managed to connect the box without using a splitter when you only subscribe to VM broadband.

For now i'm only connecting the receiver to the VM junc box, just to eliminate the splitter.
But yes, when its all working i'll be using a splitter to connect my router also.

I only have one feed into the house

---------- Post Merged at 12:10 PM ----------

Yeah at the moment this has nothing to do with internet connection.
I'm purely just scanning for channels.

In very simple terms.
Cable which normally runs from the junc box to the router, i've unplugged from the router (the internet is working fine) put on an F adapter and plugged it into the DVB-C port.
The cable is def live and the internet is fine, i havent changed anything else.

When all is working i will use a splitter so i can connect the router back up also

Are you getting a time out / tuner lock message when you run ABM ?

Set the tuners like this

Tuner A (not configured)
Tuner B DVB - C
Tuner C (not configured)

Push your coax into Tuner B

When you are configuring Tuner B

Put in your net id
also at the bottom of the screen "scan additional SR" type in your signal rate 6952

go to "providers" in the ABM menu
choose
VM (UK)
Set the area to match to same number as your Net id

Run ABM.

If your net Id is correct you should get FTA channels, if it isn't picking them up try a different Net Id

Last edited:
Yep, done all that.
When i run ABM it finds 387 video and 37 radio.
Then when i go into service searching/automatic scan using those tuner settings its goest to 100% but finds nothing.
I dont get any time out/tuner lock

I live just outside oxford and ABM gives me 00020 so i've been using that as me Net ID

I assume i am in the Oxford catchment

Last edited:
Back