Cannot Get Any DVB-C Signal

OK, then it is finding the channels.

Use ABM to scan. Forget the other scan.

When you press the FAV button do you get all the Bouquets ?

Go to "All Channels" and see if you can get BBC 1 or just type 101 on your remote.

Is every channel a blank screen ?

Are you following this ?

Guide How to set up an E2 combo box with vix image

Last edited:
All the channels/bouquets are there but every channel just has N/A next to it and is a black screen if you select it
Yes, followed that guide

Press the OK button twice on any channel

Does it say DVB-C on the bottom right of the screen ?

Also what are the readings for SNR and AGC ?

Last edited:
Next to "Tuner" on that banner its just blank

SNR, AGC and BER are all at Zero %
Within that screen if i do scan it goes to 100% within seconds and doesnt find anything

Last edited:
You only get BER in the signal finder part of the menu.
It's normal not to find anything there.

Exit out of all the menus then type 101 then hit the Ok button twice.

Can you put up a photo of your TV screen when you press OK twice ?

On the bottom right doesn't it say Tuner B have a letter after the word Tuner ?

And give you an SNR and AGC reading ?

Last edited:
OK, been messing around on my box trying to get the same result but I can't.

Even when I scan on the wrong Net Id it assigned a letter to the Tuner on the bottom right
and gave me an SNR and AGC reading even though the channel wouldn't view.

It also seemed to pick up all the channels while scanning using ABM but won't show them due to the wrong Net Id

I can only assume you have a fault on the box, if both cable tuners aren't working
it may be on the main board rather than a faulty tuner.

Looks like you may have to send it back for them to take a look at.

Please let us know as it will help others in the future.

What i'm thinking.
Apart from the box itself being faulty the absolute only thing left to try is to repalce the F connector, which is the only thing thats always present.
I've changed everything else
I'll get another one of those and if that fails i'm gonna try and send it back to world of Satellite.

They should take it back to assess no?

---------- Post Merged at 05:31 PM ----------

Is there any way to test a DVB-C port to see if its working, without running a feed to it.
Like say using a multimeter, you know, something physical

I wish i knew someone with VM TV that i could take my box to and plug it in using their feed.
That would narrow it down

Just get in touch with them and they will Email you a return label and pay the return postage.

They will check it out and let you know what was wrong.

I once had a box with a faulty ethernet port so it wouldn't give me an IP address.

Suppose you could try another F connector, wouldn't know how to test the port

Yeah well i've raised a ticket with them and they emailed me some basic things to try but i've more than already covered what they said to try.
Do they take some convincing to take something back or are they pretty good?

I dont want a refund, i want to get this working

They are pretty good, it's usual for them to ask you some basic stuff
then they send you a return label.

When you get the box back they tell you what the fault was that they fixed
or send you a new box out.

Oxford 1 NTL 00020 578.250 6.887

Your Symbol rate should be 6887

Don't know if it will make any difference as the box doesn't seem to be getting a signal

Pretty sure i've tried those settings, well definately 00020 as the ID.
The 578.250 and 6.887 though - is there somewhere you have to input that as i've not come accross it?

I put the net id in, (00020) in tuner configuration
and the symbol rate 6887 (no decimal point) in "additional SR" at the bottom of the same page
and switch all the QAM settings to yes

Then I match the net id in the "providers" part of the menu.

Thing is I think the problem lies with no readings showing for SNR and AGC and no letter assigned to the tuner.

Have you checked that there are any problems with virgin itself, I have had similar issues with h2h box. Found out today that there are problems with virgin tv and bb in Wallasey area for the last couple of weeks and still not sorted..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Right, made some big progress.
Decided to delete the bouquet and rescan, now i have all the channels listed but i can only view FTA SD, no FTA HD.
I've installed mg_cfg and newcamd.list in the keys folder and started the softcam but still can only watch FTA SD and certainly no Sky sports or anything like that.

Least i know i'm getting a signal now

Right, made some big progress.
Decided to delete the bouquet and rescan, now i have all the channels listed but i can only view FTA SD, no FTA HD.
I've installed mg_cfg and newcamd.list in the keys folder and started the softcam but still can only watch FTA SD and certainly no Sky sports or anything like that.

Least i know i'm getting a signal now

and the connection/line you have, is it a test line?

Nah, proper paid for line.
It begins with CWS

Any website i can test the line, they all seem to just do C and N lines, not CWS

Nah, proper paid for line.
It begins with CWS

Any website i can test the line, they all seem to just do C and N lines, not CWS

the N has been changed to CWS = by whoever has sold you the connection for ease of setup, change that back to N: line

Back