Can't flash any image

Zgemma stuffed can't flash any image just sticks on bootscreen can I use Filezilla to place an image on Zgemma 2s if so where do I place it. Worked fine until I installed Whooshbuild 5. Anybody got any ideas. Thank you

backup of your image would go in media then hdd but if stuck on boot how you going to restore image.?

what happens when you format a usb stick and put the image on it then place usb stick in back usb port of box then power on what does it say on front of box.?

It flashed then I removed usb stick but it gets stuck on boot screen forever have tried every different image but no success

You can't ftp unless the box has booted most of the way up. If the front panel only displays boot then it's not possible. If it's counted up past 50 then sometimes FTP can access the box but I don't think dropping an image in could work.

yes I have on 4 different sticks

When you have the image on the usb stick and your attempting to reflash, when your box display say "boot" and the red led is lit, have you tried pressing the on/off button on the front to force the flash to go ahead, so the display changes to "flsh" ?

Beat me to it there. I forgot to ask if pressing "menu" on the remote brings up any options as I dont think its crashed.
When you boot the box back up after flashing, at what number does the digital display count upto?
Does it go all the way up to 99 / 00, or stop before hand ? (usually 49 seems to be the main one it crashes at due to skin issues)
Have you FULLY read woosh's guide?
From memory once flashed it just "sits there" until you continue with his install instructions - you dont just flash it then sit back and watch tv.......

Last edited:
It doesnt do anything just says boot on the front of box and that's it no countdown. I have flashed six boxes with whoosbuild without a problem at all. But do appreciate any help Tech Kings is a great forum the zgemma is great but have had less hassle when doing openbox flashes.

sounds like you have done the same as so many people do, not prepaired your usb correctly before loading the image so the box isnt reading it... does'nt matter how many sticks you use all will fail IF you dont prep them correctly... USB prep has been covered many times

I have used bootice still no joy the usb I tried first has installed whoosebuild 6 times already on different boxes. Could something have corrupted on the box itself it's worked fine for about a month using whoosebuild 5 thank you

Back