Channel 5

mario212

Hi
Channel 5 pixelating( zgemma 11, 7.2 image )
I’m having problems with channel 5 on freesat ,
I have checked the signal, all good , the only thing I can thing of , that it my be my lnb
Does any one have any ideas what else it could be

turn to channel 5 and then press OK button to get the info bar on screen and then press the down arrow and you should see a channel list. Now press the red button and you should see a couple of channel 5s. see if any of them are any better

If you had good signal, you would not be getting any pixelation. Sadly, you are falling into the same hole as many people, you check one transponder and assume that reading for all transponders.

Perform a manual scan, single satellite. If you get less than 850, there is a problem somewhere.

Maybe the famous l.n.b fault not switching between the vertical and horizontal channels
Maybe. But if LNB did not switch, surely he would have got a tune failed message? If it is the fault you mention, a manual satellite scan will find significantly fewer channels than 850.

Channel 5 (SD, +1 and HD) are currently on 11307 MHz, Horizontal, 27500

Attachments

• CH 5.jpg
    CH 5.jpg
    313.1 KB · Views: 6
  • manual scan.jpg
    manual scan.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 28.2e scan result.jpg
    28.2e scan result.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 7
I had a very similar issue on my Vu Duo with ITV and ITV variations (+1, ITV2 etc). All other channels were excellent signal quality but ITV would fluctuate. I tried both tuners in the Duo and it was the same so assumed a faulty LNB. Connected my Viark to the same set up and it was perfect. Still scratching my head what the issue was as it must have been some coincidence for both tuners to give the same issue.

Back