computer does`nt load the printer disc

dee

TK Veteran
as above tried to put the software on the computer for the printer, both are HP, but the bloody computer won`t load the software, any help would much appreicated.:)

Have you tried downloading the HP printer software directly from the manufactures site to your PC and running it from there?

-

i will give that a go Gman, intresting thing its showing a printer, but not mine, i will also give that a try singhie.

i will give that a go Gman, intresting thing its showing a printer, but not mine, i will also give that a try singhie.

Dee if its showing a printer and its a hp one then try clicking on it and see what happens. but my hp i bought it updated auto via the net when i installed it. Is it a new printer ??? what model
when you say it wont load the software do you mean disk loaded but it wont run, or that it wont load disk.

sorted iit out had to download new software as im running windows 7, just tried to do a test print but got nothing any ideas

try printing a normal page see if that works. Have you made sure its the default printer - sometimes the pc has some other printer thingy on it. If not then no generally if the test page dont work there a problem with connection

nope still not working, got a test page before i updated the software now its sitting there like my dodgy box.

LOL bloody thing has just told me i can`t change page while printing or a preview page to printing.

Can you check services click start and type services.msc and press enter then go to print spooler.

Make sure this is enabled and set to run at startup. If it already is enabled restart it and try to print something again.

It should be enabled as its set to run the whole time but its just something else to check, mine is disabled as i dont have a printer so dont need it running all the time.

all im getting axxxo is "print driver for 32 bit applications has stopped working"

well thats a result at least, not a good one but shining some light on the situation.
Ill look up to see if i can find where the driver is so it can be deleted and reinstalled to see if that helps.

Added after 6 minutes:

can you let us know the make and model of the printer dee

Last edited:
sorry for the delay in getting back to you dee i havent had the chance to get on but i will look up that for you later today as im going to bed soon :)
Hopefully its just a faulty installation or driver, otherwise it just ainit compatible with windows 7.
Funnily enough anytime i look up something about a printer HP nearly always seems to pop up :)

Hi dee, i see on HP's website there is a driver for the said printer, there's also a patch available if you have upgraded from vista too Win7 i.e. if you havent done a clean installation.
As Linny also said about 32 and 64 bit operating system i believe the driver and patch are the same and that 64bit os from what ive seen get the same error message anyway.

The first thing i would do is uninstall the printer

Start up the computer with the printer attached

I should have asked this already but does the printer show up in device manager? (start,right click computer,select manage then device manager)

If it does, right click the printer and select uninstall

The printer will then reinstall itself automatically

Download the driver from HP's Website selecting which operating system you have just incase there is a difference in the driver for 32 and 64bit os.

Do a restart after installing the driver

Test the printer with various printing options like text, word docs, pictures (youll have no ink left after this :) )

If everythings going ok then brill, if not then apply the patch offered on the same page as the windows 7 driver on HP's website

Hopefully everything will be back to normal for you after this.

Let us know if you did just upgrade or if it is a clean install of Win 7 you have and if its 32 or 64bit ;)

p.s. the patch i mention is named UPDATE on the website

Last edited:
I think i remember Dee saying he bought a new pc.
God when i bought a nw HP printer i never had any probs like this, mines a photosmart Plus B209 and it was simple to install all i i did was plugged it it and turned it on ( its also wireless but i have it wired on my pc but wireless on others) Good thing with mine is its has individual ink cartridges so cheaper to run.

Remeber now an upgrade means you installed over vista and not from scratch as in formatting the hard disks first (which is the best option)
If the installation disk is capable of installing a clean installation of windows 7 i'd do it again but sure see if that works anyhow, if your happy with it let it be :)

Back