computer does`nt load the printer disc

sorry axxxo i thought you meant upgrade by getting a new pc,got a new pc as the other was to slow.the details are on here some were.

You could try the add new hardware wizard.

click start and type CMD

Right click the option shown and click run as administrator

In the cmd panel type Hdwwiz.exe and press enter

The add new hardware wizard will open

Select printers from the list and press next

Now have a look if the printer is listed in the devices shown

If not select HAVE DISK

A window will open up asking to insert a cd or browse for files

Id recommend saving the driver you downloaded from the HP website saved to your desktop so you can easily find it.

Click browse and select the driver from where you have saved it to then press ok and well, just see what happens.

Im outta ideas after this :( I dont have windows 7 so i cant comment anymore on any settings to try to change but someone else might, sorry Dee

Try the patch i talked about too, couldnt hurt.

Make sure windows is up to date and check for additional software in windows update too.

One more thing Dee you could try using a firewire connection instead of usb

Last edited:
Dee is it a new printer or your old one you had with other pc? if its new contact the shop you bought it and tell them your having problems

You could try the add new hardware wizard.

click start and type CMD

Right click the option shown and click run as administrator

In the cmd panel type Hdwwiz.exe and press enter

The add new hardware wizard will open

Select printers from the list and press next

Now have a look if the printer is listed in the devices shown

If not select HAVE DISK

A window will open up asking to insert a cd or browse for files

Id recommend saving the driver you downloaded from the HP website saved to your desktop so you can easily find it.

Click browse and select the driver from where you have saved it to then press ok and well, just see what happens.

Im outta ideas after this :( I dont have windows 7 so i cant comment anymore on any settings to try to change but someone else might, sorry Dee

Try the patch i talked about too, couldnt hurt.

Make sure windows is up to date and check for additional software in windows update too.

One more thing Dee you could try using a firewire connection instead of usb

Sorry to jump, in but have you deleted all printer software from control panel(PROGRAMS FEATURES)
even hp stuff and start again with new software.

Back