Connecting V8 golden to vm

I made new cable plugging one end into broadband cable that comes into house and other end in to antenna in.
Then went into cable settings on V8 and changed modulation settings to qam64,128,256, auto and qam16 and then done auto search with all of them but but still no sign of any of the freebies channels.
Is there something I'm missing thanks

I made new cable plugging one end into broadband cable that comes into house and other end in to antenna in.
Then went into cable settings on V8 and changed modulation settings to qam64,128,256, auto and qam16 and then done auto search with all of them but but still no sign of any of the freebies channels.
Is there something I'm missing thanks

When you say freebies channels, you do know only bbc 1 sd etc will clear if you have a feed

Just looking to see if I'm able to set up V8 with out to much bother ,if am able to get the 1-5 freebies channels I think I should be able to set up a gift later on once my own gift expires soon .
I'm not that techy but getting better.

The golden is easy enough to do, I'm pretty sure your feed goes to rf in, and if you scan and find fta, you then ok on menu and the gift by Host Port User Pass using either newcamd......ccccam......mgcam

Sorry I'm a bit old school RF in is what I put other end of into,not sure where to scan and find fta

Rf in is at the back of the box and your cable feed goes here. Then you can scan via the menu setup, you should see the channels come through and then you can ok on bbc1 fta, then add the line

I'm pretty sure when I set cable up on my V8 Golden, I had to change modulation to QAM64 only before it would scan.

I've tried searching all the modulations but none are showing freebies channels.
I'm using satellite cable with appropriate plugs on each end,is this all right.

These are steps am taking on V8.
Cable-main frequency setting (changing modulation scrolling down and pressing ok.
Back to auto search, search and no programmes found.

And as has already been said, only channels 1-5 in standard definition will clear in the uk without a line... make sure you're not trying any others besides these.

Your cable should look like this > http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-f-plug-to-coax-plug-cable-2m-white-a76xg?cmpid=ppc:home_electricals:pla:google&gclid=CjwKEAjwl9DIBRCG_e3DwsKsizsSJADMmJ11I5Ck54iAj4cGN2irxKXlcfBW1xuW8D3gaBD3FaW_3BoCpoTw_wcB

Screw (F connection) end into cable outlet on wall and other end (RF type) into receiver.

And as has already been said, only channels 1-5 in standard definition will clear in the uk without a line... make sure you're not trying any others besides these.
This is same as the cable I made
Your cable should look like this > http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-f-plug-to-coax-plug-cable-2m-white-a76xg?cmpid=ppc:home_electricals:LOL:la:google&gclid=CjwKEAjwl9DIBRCG_e3DwsKsizsSJADMmJ11I5Ck54iAj4cGN2irxKXlcfBW1xuW8D3gaBD3FaW_3BoCpoTw_wcB

Screw (F connection) end into cable outlet on wall and other end (RF type) into receiver.

Your cable should look like this > http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-f-plug-to-coax-plug-cable-2m-white-a76xg?cmpid=ppc:home_electricals:pla:google&gclid=CjwKEAjwl9DIBRCG_e3DwsKsizsSJADMmJ11I5Ck54iAj4cGN2irxKXlcfBW1xuW8D3gaBD3FaW_3BoCpoTw_wcB

Micksjoiner, what net id are you looking to scan? the symbol rate will be 6952 and then you can edit the frequency which corresponds to your net id in frequency and scan

Back