Easiest way to get a cable line?

TheSource

TK Veteran
Hello guys I've moved house and can get Virmin cable line in my area. What would be the easiest way for me to get a line installed?

Just sign up for there broadband.

Buy an E2 cable box and a subscription to a server and you are good to go.

There are plenty of guides on here depending on which box you buy

Check outside for a brown plastic box, fairly low down, it may have already had cable tv or broadband before, if it has, you can try the cable to see if it's still live, they usually are.

Cheers for the comments guys I have found this? I think it's cable but it's in a bad way. Anyone know of a fix?

Put an F connector on it then put an F to ariel adaptor
on that.

Have you got a dodgy cable box yet ?

Take a look at the cable faq in my sig to answer some general questions you may have :)

The above is just to repair the connection - you will then need the F to RF adapter too to insert into the RF IN port on your cable receiver.

Anyone know what might happen if my line is not live and I take out a Virmin package and cancel within 14 days?

If you cancel within 14 days, that'll be that - you'll have nothing to pay and you'll be left (usually) with an active cable line but to be honest, it's unlikely that it's been disconnected if the feed is already there.

does it look like a dodgy sat cable as cable coaxial has a copper screen,fine for testing purposes first.

Back