funny box issue

matty86

Hi Lads, this is a bit of a funny one hopefully somebody could help and llong (sorry)

My internet has been going really slow and hardly connecting over Sunday and today, i initially thought yesterday they had a problem in my area (virgin) today i gave them a ring and they confirmed no issues in the area. They had a look at my line anyway and basically come back saying something is hogging the bandwidth. I have two boxes VU Solo2 one upstairs one down, the down stirs is connected via home plugs as soon as i disconnect the downs stirs box from the internet connection the internet is back everything works ok i can get tv upstairs on the solo2 as soon as i connect down stirs back up its off! i cant get on any websites on the computer and no tv on either box.

So its obviously downstairs is hammering the internet but what is causing it does anyone know or have any ideas what could cause it? its been fine for over a year. Now the upstairs one is glitching like hell! every couple of seconds really.

I don't have IPTV at the moment still on normal cs i know most channels are gone but haven't had time to move things over yet.

any ideas because am stuck?

Hi Lads, this is a bit of a funny one hopefully somebody could help and llong (sorry)

My internet has been going really slow and hardly connecting over Sunday and today, i initially thought yesterday they had a problem in my area (virgin) today i gave them a ring and they confirmed no issues in the area. They had a look at my line anyway and basically come back saying something is hogging the bandwidth. I have two boxes VU Solo2 one upstairs one down, the down stirs is connected via home plugs as soon as i disconnect the downs stirs box from the internet connection the internet is back everything works ok i can get tv upstairs on the solo2 as soon as i connect down stirs back up its off! i cant get on any websites on the computer and no tv on either box.

So its obviously downstairs is hammering the internet but what is causing it does anyone know or have any ideas what could cause it? its been fine for over a year. Now the upstairs one is glitching like hell! every couple of seconds really.

I don't have IPTV at the moment still on normal cs i know most channels are gone but haven't had time to move things over yet.

any ideas because am stuck?
I had same problem with one of my powerline adaptors no soon as I plugged it in it blocked all connections in house from my router all I did was unplug my powerline what was causing problem and threw them in bin and bought a different set as the tp link ones you can't reset do your boxes run wireless if so put the downstairs one onto wireless

every now and then my box [edision mini] decides to hammer my internet,
no idea why, and its only when its in standby,
a reboot cures it.

I had same problem with one of my powerline adaptors no soon as I plugged it in it blocked all connections in house from my router all I did was unplug my powerline what was causing problem and threw them in bin and bought a different set as the tp link ones you can't reset do your boxes run wireless if so put the downstairs one onto wireless

Thanks for your reply mate.

I was thinking this also disconnected the box this afternoon but my smart telly is still connected to the powerline and its fine with that plugged in just when the solo2 is plugged in it blocks it all. my other solo2 upstairs is connected via cable (no powerline) thats working but glitching every couple of seconds it was fine before! all this started before Sunday not sure whats up with that now either.

every now and then my box [edision mini] decides to hammer my internet,
no idea why, and its only when its in standby,
a reboot cures it.

Thanks for that will try re-booting the box downstairs see if that solves it before changing powerlines

Thanks for your reply mate.

I was thinking this also disconnected the box this afternoon but my smart telly is still connected to the powerline and its fine with that plugged in just when the solo2 is plugged in it blocks it all. my other solo2 upstairs is connected via cable (no powerline) thats working but glitching every couple of seconds it was fine before! all this started before Sunday not sure whats up with that now either.
Have you tried swapping the boxes over bring the one upstairs down and the down stairs try upstairs do these boxes come with WiFi built into them I'm not too familiar with these boxes

Have you tried swapping the boxes over bring the one upstairs down and the down stairs try upstairs do these boxes come with WiFi built into them I'm not too familiar with these boxes

No I haven't tried that! Will give that ago see what happens. I don't know if they have Wi-Fi built in! I have a feeling they don't have Wi-Fi built in will have to check that one out!

No I haven't tried that! Will give that ago see what happens. I don't know if they have Wi-Fi built in! I have a feeling they don't have Wi-Fi built in will have to check that one out!
Like I said mate I'm not too familiar with these boxes so can only advise what I would do if I had same boxes as you

If you're using mgcamd softcam make sure the mg_cfg logging option is off.
Open it with notepad ++ and make sure the L oprion is set to 00 like this: L: { 00 } 172.16.1.1 28007 /tmp/mgcamd.log

# Log option, summ of:
# 00 off
# 01 network udp log
# 02 log to console
# 04 file, appended ! delete it by yourself, before it eat all your hdd
# + IP udp-port log-file-name
L: { 00 } 172.16.1.1 28007 /tmp/mgcamd.log

Open it with notepad ++ and make sure the L oprion is set to 00 like this: L: { 00 } 172.16.1.1 28007 /tmp/mgcamd.log

# Log option, summ of:
# 00 off
# 01 network udp log
# 02 log to console

Hi thanks for that, i have tried looking in the mg_cfg file and struggling to find what you have wrote, its one big line. could i PM you the details in the cfg

# Log option, summ of:
# 00 off
# 01 network udp log
# 02 log to console

this is what I have,
is it wrong?
do I need to change the {03} to {00}

# Log option, summ of:
# 00 off
# 01 network udp log
# 02 log to console
L: { 03 } 172.16.1.1 28007 /tmp/mgcamd.log

this is what I have,
is it wrong?
do I need to change the {03} to {00}

# Log option, summ of:
# 00 off
# 01 network udp log
# 02 log to console
L: { 03 } 172.16.1.1 28007 /tmp/mgcamd.log

Change 03 to 00
03 means it is trying to send log files to an IP address that doesn't exist and it floods the network.
Reboot the box after changing it.

Change 03 to 00
03 means it is trying to send log files to an IP address that doesn't exist and it floods the network.
Reboot the box after changing it.

Its still glitching, but i think its doing it a bit less at the moment. Maybe my provider is having a couple of issues atm i dont know. Been fine before all the above issues though so its just odd.

have you tried a different line, glitching is common on all lines as everyone knows but it might be worth a try

Will try another line tomorrow, these are usually very good. And all was fine before i had my internet problem. But still could be server side ill try a test tomorrow.

# Log option, summ of:
# 00 off
# 01 network udp log
# 02 log to console

I just flashed a box last night, I`m guessing no issues with the new
OpenViX 5.0.025 using mgcam 1.38r5 ???

Back