funny box issue

Do you have anything on a static IP that the router has given the IP to another device too? Checked connected devices in router...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Doesn't sound like you've manually set any devices with a static IP then - you'd know :)

Are you using VIX or BH or ??? If not reflashed for a while then your plugins may not work anyway so no harm updating. It may fix your issues too.

Doesn't sound like you've manually set any devices with a static IP then - you'd know :)

Are you using VIX or BH or ??? If not reflashed for a while then your plugins may not work anyway so no harm updating. It may fix your issues too.

Am using vix mate. ill re-flash it later when i get in. last time i tried that though when i got o the update software it just crashes the box!

take a full backup first, I usually put one to the hard disk and one copy on usb. Then when you flash with the latest image it will ask you if you want to use backup settings. If all else goes tits up you have a FULL BACKUP to revert back.

As said, try another line to rule that out ... you could also try a long ethernet cable to rule out if it's the network plugs causing the issue or the actual box.

Are you using satellite only at the moment? ... I notice you mention about iptv in your original post but if you have VM, you can use that instead as it's much more reliable than iptv... You may need new hardware though unless your receivers have dvb-c tuners in them.

Am using vix mate. ill re-flash it later when i get in. last time i tried that though when i got o the update software it just crashes the box!

Exactly take a full backup first. If you're on VIX 3.XX it's a complete reflash no restore but if on 4. you can reflash 5. and restore settings. In Menu, Information, confirm what version you're on first...

take a full backup first, I usually put one to the hard disk and one copy on usb. Then when you flash with the latest image it will ask you if you want to use backup settings. If all else goes tits up you have a FULL BACKUP to revert back.

Yeah i always take a backup before reflash. Will try with another line first anyway before i do it later.

As said, try another line to rule that out ... you could also try a long ethernet cable to rule out if it's the network plugs causing the issue or the actual box.

Are you using satellite only at the moment? ... I notice you mention about iptv in your original post but if you have VM, you can use that instead as it's much more reliable than iptv... You may need new hardware though unless your receivers have dvb-c tuners in them.

Yeah just satellite at the moment. It doesn't have cable tuners in the box.

the box am trying to sort atm is upstairs which has been fine until the internet problem with the box downstairs. now this upstairs one is working.. just glitching like mad and freezing, it is connected with ethernet cable

Am at work at the moment, but last night was getting 68-72 meg ping was about 11ms or 22ms

If you're still getting glitching with those speeds, it's likely to be a provider issue... you could also try replacing the ethernet cable just incase :(y):

If you're still getting glitching with those speeds, it's likely to be a provider issue... you could also try replacing the ethernet cable just incase :(y):
It could be the provider I suppose. I will run a test later and see if u can change the cable also. It's just weird that over the last month at least the providers service has been spot on! Only since the box down stirs or the powerline down stirs has been hogging tje bandwith has this happend. Upstairs one with glitching is just normal hard wired. Box down stirs is switched off for now . Odd one this lol

it seems you have a lot of options to test, change cables? put boxes on static IP? re-flash? Thought of putting your DNS to google? Hope you get it sorted Matty86 !!

Back