Cable H2H glitch problems

Just to update here was the weak tuner in the box causing the issues! I picked up a amplifier after work today as suggested by "kilohydro" and worked straight off thanks all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will you be able to send a screenshot of your signal status from your router so I can compare. Up until a few weeks ago I've started to have glitchy issues on all my channels including the free ones.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Will you be able to send a screenshot of your signal status from your router so I can compare. Up until a few weeks ago I've started to have glitchy issues on all my channels including the free ones.

From router or from my Zgemma?

From router or from my Zgemma?

Cheers. Am I right in thinking I use an adapter to change from the normal VM Cable connector to one that goes into this, much like I do with the back of the ZGemma box? Then the same coming out and a third adaptor into the box?

I was looking at this, but could just go to B&Q. It's worth a try as it's getting annoying having the bad picture.

Yeah a standard rf cable will do for output also in b&q for about 2euro and the input you will have the cable anyway

If using the superhub and its lit up like a Christmas tree, it might be worth while contacting vm and telling them, its possible that with all the updates they are running you might need a little change from the cabinet to your property. (noise reduction) signal sent from the tech dept and its sorted my issue out.
Just tell them you have been having issues with your bband and its green/blue and this has only started recently

Last edited:
I tried the amplifier from b&q which didn't help. I've called up VM and told them broadband messing around. They're sending an engineer round. Let's see if that sorts it out.

Hi All,
the signal wont be an issue, this signal rate is pretty good to be honest. see below to what ive put in another post, it may work to helping out this is based on a Zgemma H.2H

I had this issue, hopefully this will either sort you out or eliminate some things.

Zgemma in lounge and Zgemma in bedroom... both running individual lines per box -

* issue - when both boxes on at the same time, each constantly freeze
* solution - ensure each box does not have a line from the same provider, unless they've given you / offer multiroom
* solution - if your provider doesn't allow multiroom, ensure your boxes have lines with different providers

1 x Zgemma in the property with good line from your provider

* issue - freezing periodically or gaining pixellation from time to time
* solution - check if you have an attenuator fitted by VM, usually attached to the cable as it enters the router or TV box or both. if you have an attenuator then the signal into the house / devices is too strong.
* solution for attenuators. Either add additional attenutaors to the line (they come in various DB 3,6,10 onwards) check the current attenuator and add the same to start with. Well known auction site is the best place as youll need a forward path attenuator VM use Technetix.
* Solution - Put extra VM type cabling to the setup i.e if your router is at one end of the room but you are putting your TV box at the other end, run extra long cable, ordinarily 5-10 metres extra will lower down the signal and potentially help. if youre keeping the devices close together, use attentuators as advised.
*solution - if you dont have attenuators and your devices are close together but... using long wires, change these for smaller ones to the size youd ideally require

in terms of splitters, VM use ones from Technetix that are 5-1000mhz these would be ideal to use however, i installed a few people using generic 5-2400mhz and these worked OK, myself i use the official type :)

i would always recommend using VM cabling or equivalent due to the quality of product, you can get this from the auction site too very cheap.

if you are still incurring freezing / pixellation then it could be the the following issues.

1) the signal is not strong enough - check your connections to and from the splitter youve added and ensure a good connection
2) check again wth your line provider
3) get a booster a lot of people use auction site - youre looking for a CATV active return booster

components required to the above

5-1000mhz Splitter (Technetix)
Attenuators (if already on your installed cables, if theyre not it is unlikely to be a signal thats too strong)
VM cabling - two types - VM will install outside your house to your drop box RG56 type and inside from your access point to devices RG6 type.

Im sure this issue has been covered before but the above should help resolve some if not all issues.

I tried the amplifier from b&q which didn't help. I've called up VM and told them broadband messing around. They're sending an engineer round. Let's see if that sorts it out.

How did you get on after??

How did you get on after??

Back