Have a DIY go at installing motorised dish

any particular reason for rawbolts.?
or simply because thats whats always been used for bolting stuff to walls.?

Because it is what I had knocking about and too much of a mingebag to buy anything specifically for purpose

as good a reason as any,,,,,,

so, I've got,

resin fixings - too permanent.?
Fischer fixings - my preferred method.?
thunderbolts - unsure of 'shakeability' .?

I've used hundreds, maybe thousands of thunderbolts over time, just unsure of reliability due to wind loading from different directions as dish gets moved,
I think I'll go with 3&1/2" fischer fixings for now, if they turn out to be unreliable I can always change to thunderbolts later.
havent really ever tried loading on Thunderbolts in brick before, although I know they are unmovable in solid concrete, or concrete block, but I'm mounting on normal household brick, not engineering brick.

I have my 1mtr dish on a pole that was stuck in a concrete base that I found dug a hole in the garden and bobs your uncle job done it's been there 8 years and still not moved an inch..

scrap that

just found a box of 100 4"x8mm Thunderbolts,
if they prove unreliable I can remove them and drill the hole out to 10mm and use Fischer fixings,
so, Thunderbolts it is then, :)

Thanks mate,T & K are going to be used,I was looking at gibertini but the supplier lives miles away,Systemsat is less than 2 miles from here

Should a mesh dish be considered to minimize wind loads?
A solid dish is better for low signals and feeds, the "SystemSat" dish you mentioned in your first post looks good.

any particular reason for rawbolts.?
or simply because thats whats always been used for bolting stuff to walls.?
I just prefer Rawl Bolts, they're easy to use, bore a hole, put the rawl bolt in and tighten, once fully tightened they will never come out.
I've never used them in brick though, only on a block wall.

I just prefer Rawl Bolts, they're easy to use, bore a hole, put the rawl bolt in and tighten, once fully tightened they will never come out.
I've never used them in brick though, only on a block wall.
My house is built from "soft reds" and when you tighten rawlbolts the bricks "explode" so I have to use thunderbolts or equivalent of

My house is built from "soft reds" and when you tighten rawlbolts the bricks "explode" so I have to use thunderbolts or equivalent of
These are a.good job Drill a 12m hole.the
Length of the fixing hammer in and tighten
7a7091ebbfb818c6a312443f2ff32dab.jpg

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

box is old and slow no support and needs a swap file for use and that box comes with 1 usb:grimacing::mad: hence why later boxes have more.
When i got it Vu+ were supposed to be really good compared to,say,openbox.

When you say no support what do you mean? The lads on here will help steer me in the right direction.

I know almost nothing about these boxes and even have a mate who loads the files for me as and when its needed.

What box would you buy if money was no problem?

Thought Open atv still did images for it, even if their lordships at Openvix deem it not worthy . It can't possibly be as bad or as slow as my old zgemma 2s pile of :poop:

Thought Open atv still did images for it, even if their lordships at Openvix deem it not worthy . It can't possibly be as bad or as slow as my old zgemma 2s pile of :poop:
Mine has an Open Pli image installed,can be upgraded but if it aint broke and all that.
If I need a new box I can treat myself to one

Agree with that statement completely if it ain't broke leave it alone. I was referring to the zgemma as a a pile btw not your vu+

Back