Have all on virgin been offered hub 4

mike123

VIP Member
TK Supporter
Just got a message from vermin for free upgrade to hub 4 hope this improves WiFi. Anyone else

No, but email offering me more TV programs and improved wifi, which l ignored as l neither use the TV or wifi, as all my devices are hard wired. l heard no more from about 6 weeks ago.

About 50/50 here games consoles,computers, TV boxes all hardwired. Mobiles and tablets all on WiFi.

l have 4g for updating phone and tablet, then switched off after update, Z8 hard wired on 4g.

Daughter and son in law borrow my router many weekends for use in their camper van , so their xmas prez this year will be a 4g router.

I tried to get one of them and they told me my area had to be really congested or be on gig1

I had an outage and vm tech told me it was my old mk1 hub, sent me a SH3 BUT didnt tell me that activating it started a new contract!!! Luckily for me the outage ended and i never plugged the bix in. I keep getting pestered to return it BUT when i say i am not posting on the back of an unverified phone call and ask for a return labek and letter by post nothing arrives.

Wouldn't get one as reading comments on different forums hub 4 has major issues with drops and is their worst router to date.

Don't have third party router like most here and yes hub 3 ain't that good. Its fine for hard wired devices and OK enough for WiFi.

I am probably going to leave vermin in March anyway better deals out there with faster speeds.

Don't think the main ISPs can compete nationally with VMs speeds.

Independent ones like hyper optic do provide same speeds and even faster speeds but not avaliable in most areas.

4g sim routers are pretty fast and data reasonably cheap, when 5g is more mainstream providers like vm feel start ti suffer, guess we will see prices falling soob

4g sim routers are pretty fast and data reasonably cheap, when 5g is more mainstream providers like vm feel start ti suffer, guess we will see prices falling soob

5g speeds are insane. My mate works for Ericsson and said few years time big ISPs will struggle to compete with 5g speeds and prices especially those wanting to use them in sim routers.

I can get 500 Meg for what I am paying vermin for 200 Meg

Fair enough. If you can get those speeds from another isp and VM can't match best to leave.

Can't wait until I get 5g in my area, then after 22 years I can ring up virmin and tell them to shove it.

Back