HD channels from other Sats?

channelking

Can anyone tell me how you would get HD channels from other sats? Would you need to purchase top of the range sat boxes to get HD from different sats? Will this method only work if you have a motorised dish.

Any sat receiver can pickup multiple sats. Yes, you would need a motorized dish or multiple dishes and lnb's. You would also require a line with multiple sat access.

TSmedia and other streaming solutions aren't truly satellite solutions. The biggest problem isn't the equipment as such, it's the "access" to the providers. There are sites that promise lines that provide c/s access to practically all European satellite providers, but how reliable are they?
I have not found anyone who has had a reliable line from any of them. If anyone knows of a good one, I for one, would be interested. My dish has been anchored solely on 28.2e ever since nagra2 died.

I have access to vitually all sats from 30w thru to 42e. I use 2 providers, 1 on dreambox 7020s and 1 on skybox f5s although I do swap the lines around to use in other boxes when I test or repair or update other boxes. Both providers are good and not had any problems over last 2 years.
Reaper.

So a skybox can recieve multiple sats?

Whats lnb's?

Do most providers offer multiple sat lines?

@dumbguy, so you saying providers in the UK dont offer reliable lines to european sats that have HD channels?

1] yes
2] low noise blocks
3] no
4] there are plenty of UK providers for multi but you have to be careful and watch who you buy from

Reaper.

most people would use a better box for multisat viewing.
lnb is what your cables are screwed onto dish,single/double/quad/octo etc.
no some only do single lines like uk only,thats why you need to state which you want.
reliable is the question as i found cccam had more problems on solo2 than mg on other boxes and boxes and images can have issues aswell.

aye and local sat shop has them for sale,so tempted no waiting for dish to move but would add twin feeds in case i wanted to record.

So would most suggest going down the multi sat route and getting a motorised dish and not down the cable route?

Im not sure what option is the best.

the only problem i have not sussed yet is whats on other channel on other sats,tv times is useless lol
find a local sat shop and go in to see what its all about some usually have boxes running and can show on different sats what maybe available?

one important question not asked is your field of view clear,no trees or buildings in the way when dish moves from left to right in an arc?

Last edited:
I do have trees in the way but I the dish gives a clear signal.

So with LOADS of different sats out there with HD channels albeit foreign channels have most and do most recommend investing in motorised dish and getting a multi sats?

Hey guys, been using my Octagon box for a few months now, thanks to the help of you guys on here. Nice Cam too. Quick question - if I wanted to access HD sports, which European (or other, eg Middle Eastern) satellites would I need to have cam access to? So for example I'm interested in watching Italian football, but from reading the forums I get that Sky Italia is in a similar situation to Sky UK with regard to the HD channels. Any satellite providers you could recommend where HD channels are still good? Thanks again!

So I spoke to someone who know the motorised setup quite well and he told me to get the technomate dish and reciever and he has said you wont need a line. So is technomate a good motorised setup and is it right in saying you wouldnt need a line?

Also what he said is that it can pick up a number of foreign sats but not all. So does anyone know what sats it will pick up? Which country has the best sats? Can you have access to an american sat?

yes you will need a line and no you will not pick up american sats in the uk

Last edited:
Back