HELP!! Openbox V8S - Just bought box and gift but nothing working

Reaper I am wondering could you help me with a problem with my openbox V8s. All of my channels are working except sky channels such as sports and movies. It is just showing a blank screen. The connection is working, cccam is online, I have updated channel list and firmware. It is only a new box

Hi I have an NLine and wanted to know how to set this up on the openbox v8s

Im new to this and first time im setting this up on an openbox.

the code is in the form of newcamd.list

any help will be appreciated !

thanks

---------- Post Merged at 10:36 PM ----------

Hi I have an NLine and wanted to know how to set this up on the openbox v8s

thanks

---------- Post Merged at 10:35 PM ----------

Hi I have an Nline and wanted to know how to set this up on the openbox v8s

thanks

---------- Post Merged at 10:59 PM ----------

Hi sorry about the repeat post above...

Please ignore as I have managed to get it working

:)

Read Reapers guide for setting up earlier in this blog.
Everything is explained there.

Hi thats what I done but thought might be different for Nlines. Anyway I have sorted that out now.

The problem Im having now is the channels have been updated but they seem to go back to the mixed up ones again unless I go press the Sat List button on the remote then click ok...

Is this normal or can this be fixed so doesnt change back again without going to Sat List on remote..

Thanks

Hi thats what I done but thought might be different for Nlines. Anyway I have sorted that out now.

The problem Im having now is the channels have been updated but they seem to go back to the mixed up ones again unless I go press the Sat List button on the remote then click ok...

Is this normal or can this be fixed so doesnt change back again without going to Sat List on remote..

Thanks

If you've updated your channel list press fav on your remote "simples"

Good morning everybody, so pleased I found your forum.

I have been with Sky TV for years, and only just recently heard about the alternative openbox. Anyway, I googled a V8 box, and found them for sale on E-bay. I was going to purchase one today, but then found your forum with the set up for Dummies, courtesy of Reaper - thank you. Again, I did intend to purchase a "gift" off e-bay. However, having read the Dummy guide, I decided not to do that. I have no doubt that I am probably repeating something that somebody has asked before - sorry in advance - but is anybody able to offer some advice on what Openbox to purchase, and also a reliable place to purchase a line, or a test line. I do not have any knowledge of this sort of tech, so plain simple information would be great. If anybody is able to message me, it would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Hi

To get a line goto this section and request: General Satellite Discussion

As for a box, you can purchase a V8s off ebay as long as its from a seller who's sold lots of them with good feedback or take alook at this thread and contact Reaper: http://www.techkings.org/openbox-satellite/85622-openbox-v8-pro.html

Research is your best friend on this forum, 99% of questions have been asked and answered so have a look around and you'll find the openboxes are simple to setup.

Hi all

Just would like to say thanks the Blackwidow who pointed me in the right direction to get hold of the equipment I needed. Also, thanks to Reaper and Garyth for being so helpful - most appreciated.

Hi all
Is there a 'glossary of terms' anywhere explaining what the required files are and what they do? What is a gift, cccam, nline or Cline?

Everything you need to know is explained on this forum-----stick your readers on and do a little research----we all had to learn.
Reaper.

4 hours playing last night no success. found this and followed instructions now have channels. cant get favourites as yet. keep playing. thanks reaper. great stuff

Hi guys so i bought an openbox v8s with gift but it does not work. Its doing my head in. yes im new to all this but im small bit tech savvy. any help id appreciate it thanks

i have no channels at all!

4 hours playing last night no success. found this and followed instructions now have channels. cant get favourites as yet. keep playing. thanks reaper. great stuff

If your channel list is updated, just press fav on the remote, then your favs should be there

Back