HELP! Openbox V8s Some Scrambled Channels...

jacobr93

Hi - Please can someone help!

I bought a Openbox V8S - I used the latest channel list from Ajays... some channels are showing scrambled these include Sky Movies Premier and +1 and Showcase, Disney and a few more movies including some documentary channels etc.

I know this isnt the server as I have tryed 2 different servers and still having the issue, also I have another f5s box which works using the above channels?

Please can somebody point me in the right direction, what I am finding strange is im getting a scrambled message not no signal?

Cheers in advance!

Don't rely on the channel lists---Delete your list and all channels then rescan and edit required channels into favourites then forget channel list downloads and all should be well.
Reaper.

For some unknown reason the Openbox V8s does not like USB inserted channel lists---the lists work on some but not on others and sometimes even tend to brick the boxes.
I and a few other owners have found that to prevent the hiccup you need to remove the channel list then delete all channels via the edit button.
Then do a full blind scan of the required satellite---once all channels scanned in then once again go to edit and manually save the channels you like into favourites. Do not reload a channel list, use your own favourites via the favourite button on remote. I have had no further trouble with the freezing/channel loss etc since doing this exercise and have been informed by Yojla/Skybox that a bug fix for V7, V8, S-V8, V8s and V8se will be released soon [didn't give any details].
Reaper.

For some unknown reason the Openbox V8s does not like USB inserted channel lists---the lists work on some but not on others and sometimes even tend to brick the boxes...

Do you know if this applies to both CWAITE & AJ's channel lists?

I am wondering if they use different programs/methods of compiling their lists.

I personally use neither list but my trusted partner in crime and hairy neighbour has tried all lists available in the boxes sent to us plus his own and it seems to be a hit and miss fault, Out of the 7 boxes in our possession at present, 4 play up when list installed but behave when list removed and only scanned channels installed. 2 boxes work on sky list from cwaite and 1 on ajsat but all are genuine original boxes.
There seems to be no reason for the fault but awaiting e-mail from skybox to see if a bug exists as such, My own box has never played up in any way and will accept f/w and lists via USB so back to the drawing board.
Reaper.

I personally use neither list but my trusted partner in crime and hairy neighbour has tried all lists available in the boxes sent to us plus his own and it seems to be a hit and miss fault, Out of the 7 boxes in our possession at present, 4 play up when list installed but behave when list removed and only scanned channels installed. 2 boxes work on sky list from cwaite and 1 on ajsat but all are genuine original boxes.
There seems to be no reason for the fault but awaiting e-mail from skybox to see if a bug exists as such, My own box has never played up in any way and will accept f/w and lists via USB so back to the drawing board.
Reaper.

Interesting.

The reason I asked about the different lists, is because I was wondering whether it might be the way in which the lists are compiled that is causing the problems (having to be sorted in a program like Madiabox etc.), or whether it's just the process of updating by USB that's causing the problem.

I suppose it could be narrowed down by:-

deleting the channels from a problem box
scanning
dumping the channel list to USB
deleting the channel list
installing the channel list by USB

If it installs with no problems, then it's the compiled channel lists that are causing the problem.

If it still causes problems, then it's a problem with the USB process.

Hi,
I managed to sort out a few by changing the channel to an alternative that wasn't on AJ's list. I had to find a channel on the same transponder and edit the VPiD , VMT, audio etc using the information from
Kingofsat

I am now only missing (scrambled)

Sl* Movies Premier

* * * * * * * * * * *Premier +1

* * * * * * * * * * *Greats

* * * * * * * * * * *Disney

* * * * * * * * * * *Family

* * * * * * * * * * *Scifi/Horror

I think the box will also be getting returned,

hi guys
I have openbox v8s fully loaded the software, working great the pictures with a tuner sharps
no problems great pictures for skybox and openbox good little box.

The latest channel lists should have SS5 working again.

If you want to scan for it yourself, press menu > installation > TP list. Scroll to 12207V. Press OK. Press OK again to search.

The new SS5 will be near the end of the "All" channel list.

openbox v8s...HELP!!!!!

Hi im a newb to these..ive just bought an openbox v8s uploaded cline onto it some channels scrambled others not. Can somebody tell me where im going wrong please

For some unknown reason the Openbox V8s does not like USB inserted channel lists---the lists work on some but not on others and sometimes even tend to brick the boxes.
I and a few other owners have found that to prevent the hiccup you need to remove the channel list then delete all channels via the edit button.
Then do a full blind scan of the required satellite---once all channels scanned in then once again go to edit and manually save the channels you like into favourites. Do not reload a channel list, use your own favourites via the favourite button on remote. I have had no further trouble with the freezing/channel loss etc since doing this exercise and have been informed by Yojla/Skybox that a bug fix for V7, V8, S-V8, V8s and V8se will be released soon [didn't give any details].
Reaper.

Hi Reaper. I've just bought a V8s for my dad (long story but he had an old F5s which locked up so I thought I'd treat him to a better model) anyway everything went well setting it up but the BT Sports and Setanta are showing "no signal" so from what you've explained it sounds like I need to do a manual channel scan and fiddle around with the favs etc. I will drop in to the pensioner as soon as I can and sort him out. He'll be livid ig he misses any football. Thanks again, dead simple and concise post.

How to get dummies guide

Locate and read the "Dummies Guide" all you need to know is there.
Reaper.

I have tried a 24hr taster and I'm also getting the scrambled icon on the screen.
I'm very new to all this so any help would be useful.
I can't get the dummies guide, the text says I don't have the relevant rights??

Back