Help required - new box wanted!

kingcobra

Hi all

I currently have an openbox v8s, running what i think is now the "outdated" classic setup, ccam files etc , it has been working fine but now it seems to be losing channels, the ebay store i bought it off has disappeared and from what i see this kind of setup is dead.

Now i want to move onto this "iptv" , but i am extremely thick when it comes to stuff like this, so ideally i just want a box i can buy , plug in, enter a few numbers and voila! i have all the channels at my disposal.

Willing to pay up to £100 for a good box with a years subscription ( or along the lines of that ).

Edit : also as for watching stuff on catch up/films on demand etc, im not overly bothered as i have a kodi firestick which is serving me well, but if i can get a box/package that accomodates that . that would be amazing!

Please advise me! Thanks in advance

so you looking a good box, which will run iptv, catchup, plug n play and 1 years subscription (iptv and sat?)

you will be lucky to get something for £100 all in

Thanks for the replies, as i said the catchup isnt important as i have other means to watch movies and box sets etc.

The main thing i want is the means to watch live TV , and preferably something easy to set up. Again if anybody has suggestions please fire away at what boxes/where to get them from i.e trusted sources etc.

I'd get a combi box, sat and cable, and set up a multi sat dish for euro, and get a cable and euro sat lines, then add IPTV if you want,
But,
Never gonna happen for <£100
The box will cost you about £100 on its own for something even useable.

There is a seller on Facebook selling Maxytec android boxes all set up with 12 months IPTV ready to go for £108.99 The box has Kodi and being a Android box you can install all the catch up apps.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies, as i said the catchup isnt important as i have other means to watch movies and box sets etc.

The main thing i want is the means to watch live TV , and preferably something easy to set up. Again if anybody has suggestions please fire away at what boxes/where to get them from i.e trusted sources etc.
Iptv is just like having kodi in my opinion if it was me if you have virgin in your area and have a live connection coming into your property I would go down that road but you would need to spend a bit more than £100 iptv will never be as good as C/S was too many overloaded servers now days and a lot re sellers around you could download perfect player onto your firestick and get an iptv sub that way where you don't have to buy a box just a subscription and have it all on your firestick or apk stb emulator that's a couple of options there

Ok thanks all.

Looks like IPTV is not what I need , quite literally all I want is live tv tbh , I can live without the rest , will have a look at some of the suggestions you made

You are not Not going to get this on your Budget, and in theory you shouldn't' be getting it for this Price..
Why is your budget sooooooo low, i see this from lots of peeps recently, wanting the lot for pittins..
If you never had this option of IPTV, Cable, Sly etc.. You would happily pay out 40-50+ a month on SUBS with Virgin & SKY.
SO, why the low budget to get what you are looking for. SO much, for sooo little.

Spend £200 and you will get what you want, and be happy and content.
That's probs 1 months Subs with these Providers, and even then, you'd be pushing it with the channels you get to have much change out of £200 for a MONTH with the Providers mentioned

You are not Not going to get this on your Budget, and in theory you shouldn't' be getting it for this Price..
Why is your budget sooooooo low, i see this from lots of peeps recently, wanting the lot for pittins..
If you never had this option of IPTV, Cable, Sly etc.. You would happily pay out 40-50+ a month on SUBS with Virgin & SKY.
SO, why the low budget to get what you are looking for. SO much, for sooo little.

Spend £200 and you will get what you want, and be happy and content.
That's probs 1 months Subs with these Providers, and even then, you'd be pushing it with the channels you get to have much change out of £200 for a MONTH with the Providers mentioned

Chill out , for the past year I paid £75 for a box with all live tv channels , sports and movies , which was easy to setup. As I clearly said I don't have much experience and would just like to know if there's something similar available. no need to cry about it.

Thanks everybody for the suggestions , I will try to work something out !

Chill out , for the past year I paid £75 for a box with all live tv channels , sports and movies , which was easy to setup. As I clearly said I don't have much experience and would just like to know if there's something similar available. no need to cry about it.

Thanks everybody for the suggestions , I will try to work something out !
CS for UK sat is dead, so its going to cost you more for an alternative,
You have 3 basic choices
Euro SATs
Cable
or
IPTV
Cable will cost a lot more than UK sat, but will give you back what you hadhad
Euro will give you alternatives to most of what was on UK sat, but will probably require some outlay on kit, bigger dish and more lnbs plus fitting, running costs fairly similar to UK sat
IPTV , hit and miss depending if you get a good server and your box can run it, so may require a new box, running costs more than UK sat

Get a mag254 or 256 and you can't go far wrong..Get a sub for xtream tv that works on your mac address as this is easy,you just install it and all the updates are done by your supplier so no headache trying to set it up.
I have used it on all makes of boxes and don't get any problems and the quality is excellent.The epg is not great but it is a work in progress and it is getting better all the time.I just find the mag boxes are easy to set up
and work well.Bad quality is mainly down to the supplier,but there are good ones out there.

CS for UK sat is dead, so its going to cost you more for an alternative,
You have 3 basic choices
Euro SATs
Cable
or
IPTV
Cable will cost a lot more than UK sat, but will give you back what you hadhad
Euro will give you alternatives to most of what was on UK sat, but will probably require some outlay on kit, bigger dish and more lnbs plus fitting, running costs fairly similar to UK sat
IPTV , hit and miss depending if you get a good server and your box can run it, so may require a new box, running costs more than UK sat

When did it fully die?
So channels are working now at all just like Italy?

When did it fully die?
So channels are working now at all just like Italy?
Its not fully dead yet, but a lot of servers are simply turning off due to no new business,
And I can't see it rising from the ashes anytime soon.
All Murdoch's channels are gone, so it probably won't be long before the rest go too.

Back