Help zgemma star 2s

Zakutd

TK Supporter
Can anyone help or advise, I'm looking to purchase a zgemma star s2 with gift and hdd just ready to plug and play. I want to be able to watch one program and record another. My dad has the cloud ibox 2plus but I'm not sure if his can do this.

The cloud ibox is single tuner only and therefore you need zgemma 2s to record one channel and watch another. IMHO you are better buying box and gift separately as the one's that are been sold as a pack are sometimes cowboys and you will not get your full 6months or year with the gift.

Thank you for your help and advice. Any idea of price on its own.If I buy a box on its own how will I know if it will already be loaded with all info to just except the free gift. What size hdd do you think would be sufficient. Can you record sports and watch discovery or just FTA channels when recording. Once again thank you for your help.

---------- Post Merged at 07:22 PM ----------

Do you think maybe e bay for box on its own then look for a gift. Oh and thank you for your advice (y)

Trust him hes right dude.

Learnt it all from you mate (y)

---------- Post Merged at 08:01 PM ----------

Thank you for your help and advice. Any idea of price on its own.If I buy a box on its own how will I know if it will already be loaded with all info to just except the free gift. What size hdd do you think would be sufficient. Can you record sports and watch discovery or just FTA channels when recording. Once again thank you for your help.

---------- Post Merged at 07:22 PM ----------

Do you think maybe e bay for box on its own then look for a gift. Oh and thank you for your advice (y)

You can record any channel while watching another. A normal SLY box is 500GB hard drive, so if you had a SLY box before and you ahd enough space then you may want to go with 500GB, but a 1TB may not be much extra. Make sure it is a mains powered hard drive (less stress on box). That's a good price in the link Tich has gave you. And using Sucmnsee's image will save you loads of hassle and he is always willing to help out on set up, along with everyone else on this site (all helpful people)

Thanks to you all , I'll let you know when I get my box and keep you posted (no doubt for help). By the way does any one no if you can get a booster for SLY feed as my dad lives in flats so he's on a communal feed and signal isn't that good,breaks up and flickers quiet easily especially when windy or raining. He's on ibox 2plus. Cheers

pProblem could be with the dish itself or lnb in bad weather, but you can get amplifiers to increase gain on low signal channels. However, not sure how this will work on communal installation as amplifier should ideally be fitted near the input rather than the end of the cable. You could prob try a small gain version for around £5-£10 on Amzon to see if it helps

But getting dish realigned would be best bet First.
if signal drops too low or lnb faulty/wet booster wont help.

I've got a sly box I'm going to take round and check signal strength on that in the settings.

That will give a little indication. But wont help with the weather bit. It'll still go if not perfectly centred

Looked at he's flats and it looks like other residents have had there own individual dishes fitted,so this tells me there must be a problem with the communal feed. I'll have to try and get him a dish fitted or try and sort this one.

Zgemma star 2

Checked the signal and it's no good so it's new dish time. Would also like to ask,if I buy zgemma star 2 how do I go about things to set box up, ie all channels. Don't want to sound stupid as I'm a newbie to a lot of this. Do I download sucmnsee download to a USB the put USB in the box to put the info on the box. Do I need to download anything else. Or if I buy box from the link above do I just buy a gift. I already have my own hdd,just wanted an opinion of best way to get box with all channels

Buy box.
Put my image on usb.
put in and turn on.
Done.

Then ur gift. Dont buy bundled ads can be a rip off.

Where's best to get gift from and what length gift would you recommend.Any idea on price,how do I receive it. Thanks for the help and advice

Ok I've received lots of links for servers ranging from £35to£55 for 12 months but don't know who to trust.my inbox is full but don't want to delete any as they have links but I'm only aloud 25 and don't no how to make space for new ones. Some people are saying they are servers and some are sending email addresses and links and some offering an N-line. Any advise, Thanks

Try deleting some messages in your sent items (might allow more to come in to you) The majority view is that an N line is more stable

---------- Post Merged at 01:48 PM ----------

You could try a 1 month sub to begin with and see if you're happy with the service

Back