Improve IPTV Performance/Buffering 1080p Content

I downloaded the service app, Enigma2 playback system says 'original', so I changed this to service app and exteplayer3, do I then need to change any of the other options below, AAC software decoding etc? I didn't change any of these, just saved, restarted GUI and yes my channels zap quicker, but FHD channels are probably worse than ever. Also, my EPG importer still worked fine after making the change.

Am I missing a change somewhere?

The plugin I use for IPTV identifies my supplier, so I haven't named it on here.

You shouldn't need any other option.

Your provider uses the Suls pkugin, it's simply been set up locked to your provider and rebranded by them.

Interesting that the epg imprort works. I wonder if something has been updated

You shouldn't need any other option.

Your provider uses the Suls pkugin, it's simply been set up locked to your provider and rebranded by them.

Interesting that the epg imprort works. I wonder if something has been updated

Ok thanks. As I say the channels zap faster but FHD just seems worse than normal.

mine was going bluescreen last night around the same time lol...persevered and after a few bscreen reboots i figured it out (pressed the other direction) haha

To install gstplayer open putty

Paste:

cd /usr/bin

ln -s gstplayer gstplayer_gst-1.0

-----

I think opening and updating the IPTV player plugin installs all the players also

Is there any way to have the epg populate with extreme editor set to exteplayer and seeviceapp set to same thing I know if you have suls script you select iptv but my provider just has line I’d for extreme so every morning it loses epg bit of a pain but runs better on exteplayer

Is there any way to have the epg populate with extreme editor set to exteplayer and seeviceapp set to same thing I know if you have suls script you select iptv but my provider just has line I’d for extreme so every morning it loses epg bit of a pain but runs better on exteplayer

Yeah if you have xtream editor setup then use there epg.u have to link all the channels on there website to their epg id's
Then set it to 5002 on the plugin and set serviceapp as exteplayer3.
That's the way mine is and it's working fine

Hi I only have extreme editor plugin it's done through my provider I just gave hime the qr line is it something he can change his end ? Know if you are running the suls script there is iptv tick option to populate epg with service app set to exteplayer

He will have to sort it his end.or you can just buy your own xtream editor account then you can do what you want to do. and if using suls script then you can edit the override.xml file to change the channels to 5002.

Is the xtream editor plugin not doing it epg? And there is a setting to change the channels to exteplayer3 in the plugin
Or is it that your not getting epg on list when u use 5002?

I don’t get epg the next day when using exteplayer3 5002 extreme editor can’t download it switch back to dvb1 in editor & original in service app reboot & it’s back il have a look at suls I’m sure my provider supports it

Have you created a swap file for extra buffer memory,just a thought.
Hi all,

I have a IPTV sub setup through the EPG using xtream editor and HD/SD/VOD content plays fine, however when I play one of the 1080p Full HD channels it regularly buffers, glitches or stops altogether.

Im assuming that it cant keep up with whats needed to be downloaded to play it smoothly.

I am on BT Fibre with 78mb plugged direct into the box so its not my connection, therefore I was wondering if i could improve the performance of the box somehow?

Have you created a swap file for extra memory,just a thought.

I did change it to exteplayer3, still after 2 min if freezes again and then the screen freeze but there is sound.
when i press up and down it works again...

Did i forget something to do ?
Using h2 box

regards

Try your sub in another device, laptop is ideal. If it's fine in there, it's the box....get something better.

If it still does it on the laptop, it's your sub, get a better supplier.

I'm going to say it, zgemma H2s is no good for IPTV, now wait for everyone to start defending them, which is fine, but it doesn't change the fact. I used to have one with IPTV and I got fed up of the same issues you describe.

I use a £30 FireStick and it's spot on now, yeah I had issues with suppliers, but get a decent supplier and a proper device and you will be fine.

I think the same dt99 i think now iptv seems to be getting better, the zgemma is really struggling.

I got this problem aswell, it’s not long started but the stream quality is a lot better than it use to be

I am also having trouble with some jerky playback IPTV on FHD / UHD streams...using a Zgemma H.2H and Xtream editor. is it best to use the IPTV (4097) option in Xtream Editor plugin or EXTPLAYER (5002)? There is also an option for GSTREAMER? As IPTV streams get better with higher frame rates (lovely!) would I be better off upgrading the box? I love the Zgemma because it does Freesat, Freeview, IPTV with great epg via Xtream Editor and it records! What else out there does all of that but better? Is it a case of Jack of all trades, master of none?

I am also having trouble with some jerky playback IPTV on FHD / UHD streams...using a Zgemma H.2H and Xtream editor. is it best to use the IPTV (4097) option in Xtream Editor plugin or EXTPLAYER (5002)? There is also an option for GSTREAMER? As IPTV streams get better with higher frame rates (lovely!) would I be better off upgrading the box? I love the Zgemma because it does Freesat, Freeview, IPTV with great epg via Xtream Editor and it records! What else out there does all of that but better? Is it a case of Jack of all trades, master of none?
I would change the stream type to 5002 and try gstreamer but if you have the e2iplayer that downloads the gstreamer anyway if not you can try and see

Fixed it! Thanks to browsing through this excellent forum on TK! Here's what to do first download Serviceapp.
Serviceapp is used to play extplayer it helps with buffering. You can download it from plugins. Menu, plugins, green to download plugins then systemplugins and choose serviceapp and reboot box.

Then depending on image serviceapp should be in Gui settings or system menu somewhere.

In Serviceapp change Enigma2 playback system to serviceapp...in that choose exteplayer3, then in Xtream Editor plugin change service type also to extplayer (not sure if that actually does anything....maybe try the default DVB player as well...as this should now be exteplayer3 ?) and then reboot box.

You need to be on a recent image for serviceapp to work. I use Wooshbuild infinity.

I wouldn't say the picture is perfect but its a lot better and some HD channels which were unwatchable are now very good. Thanks Guys :-)

Fixed it! Thanks to browsing through this excellent forum on TK! Here's what to do first download Serviceapp.
Serviceapp is used to play extplayer it helps with buffering. You can download it from plugins. Menu, plugins, green to download plugins then systemplugins and choose serviceapp and reboot box.

Then depending on image serviceapp should be in Gui settings or system menu somewhere.

In Serviceapp change Enigma2 playback system to serviceapp...in that choose exteplayer3, then in Xtream Editor plugin change service type also to extplayer (not sure if that actually does anything....maybe try the default DVB player as well...as this should now be exteplayer3 ?) and then reboot box.

You need to be on a recent image for serviceapp to work. I use Wooshbuild infinity.

I wouldn't say the picture is perfect but its a lot better and some HD channels which were unwatchable are now very good. Thanks Guys :)
I have serviceapp installed but I cannot find it anywhere to do any adjustments. I’m currently using the WB infinity too.

Back