Installing MGcamd

Richard0105

Hi, can anyone advise me on how I can get MGcamd onto my Softcam Manager? I've currently got CCcam but ideally want to use my N-line with MGcamd.

When I go to the plugin section & download plugins, it's not there. There are a few other softcams in there but not MGcamd.

Is it a case of downloading it from the internet & ftp'ing to my box? If so, which folder does it go into?

Thanks

Mgcamd 1.35 and mgcamd 1.38 should be in the plugins list, if you can't see mgcamd 1.38 then it's already on your receiver, just switch your cam from 2.30 to mgcamd 1.38.
Who's image are you using ?
Or did you build it yourself?

Last edited:
I'm using ViX4E2PROJECT. I swear it's not on there, I've looked everywhere!

Sorry, I didn't understand 'just seri h your can from 2.30 to mgcamd1.38'

Sorry that's one image I've not used so I've no idea. I'm sure someone will come along to help [emoji106]
What I meant was if you have the option to toggle between your cams then the other one might be mgcamd 1.38 but as I've not used this image I can't be sure

The camm should be in the download section of your image. plugins/download/camms

That's what I was expecting, but when I go in there I've only got 3 to choose from, Oscammips, Oscamsh4 & Scam.

If I go Setup...Softcam/cl...Softcam Manager I've only got the option to select CCcam 2.3.0

Sorry pal, I've not got round to trying that image out. Just bump this thread tomorrow morning and someone will help you out [emoji106]

Sorry that's one image I've not used so I've no idea. I'm sure someone will come along to help [emoji106]
What I meant was if you have the option to toggle between your cams then the other one might be mgcamd 1.38 but as I've not used this image I can't be sure

Ok, no probs, thanks for trying anyway! :)

Could you ftp the mgcamd file over as a IPK install it that way

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ftp that IPK into tmp folder then head on your box and install. Same as putting on a skin

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
i have the same setup on my venton, already tried to ftp the cam over, it installs but never clears anything so i gave it neck and carried on using cccam ;-)

i have the same setup on my venton, already tried to ftp the cam over, it installs but never clears anything so i gave it neck and carried on using cccam ;-)

I've tried 3 times now but to no avail. Maybe MGcamd isn't compatible with this image. How very annoying - if I'd have known I probably wouldn't have gone with ViXE2PROJECT when I ordered the Venton!

You could always try openATV, that will work with mgcamd, you will have to manually add the softcam Ipk though to download any softcam

Back