Installing MGcamd

Hi guys, new memeber here

im having a simular issue to Gerryice
i have a Galaxy Innovatiions S8120, i was able to flash the Amiko SHD-8900 VIX4 2.2 image onto this box, i presume the GI S8120 must be the same box

The problem i am having is when i FTP
i have tried VIX4 2.2, VIX4 2.1

---------- Post Merged at 10:04 PM ----------

Sorry about the above post, accidently hit the return key and somehow posted ha :)

im having a similar issue to Gerryice
i have a Galaxy Innovatiions S8120, i was able to flash the Amiko SHD-8900 VIX4 2.2 image onto this box, i presume the GI S8120 must be the same box

The image is working quite well on the current VIX image
The problem i am having is when i FTP enigma2-plugin-cams-mgcamd.1.35a_1.0-r3_mipsel.ipk over to the box to /tmp folder, when i install this on the box, it appears to install, i can see mgcamd 1.35 in the softcam manager.. but i cannot start the plugin, i have newcamd.list and mg_cfg inside /usr/keys both with 755 permission.
i can also see MGcamd.1.35a inside /usr/softcams

i have tried VIX4 2.2, VIX4 2.1 and different versions of CCcam, and mgcamd

im going to try a few more things here, but if you guys have any information it would be gratefully appreciated

Hi i have the E2 project working ok on my venton the only issue with mgcamd i can see is the auto start part i have to manually start it quite a lot
Thanks

Hi There,

I'm currently using Vix4e2 on my Amiko Alien and using MGcamd 1.38 for SH4 and its working flawlessly, far better than OSCAM was,

To install I had to ftp the mgcamd_1.38d to usr\bin\ then go to softcam control and start MGcamd

I then went to user\keys and copied all the files into this location, replacing the newcamd.list with my info

Any problems let me know

tnx for the help

hi guys,
firstly im new to all this.
i've a zgemma h2s and have mgcamd installed in the activation page, when i press activate it prompting me to go to usr/keys setup mgcamd cfg. i've installed filezilla and opened the file location but it's empty. what files do i need in this folder???
please help

is that not a sat box and your posting in a cable section thread?.

usr/keys need 2 files
mg_cfg
newcamd.list =where line info is sent.

Hi guys, new memeber here

im having a simular issue to Gerryice

The problem i am having is when i FTP
i have tried VIX4 2.2, VIX4 2.1

---------- Post Merged at 10:04 PM ----------

Sorry about the above post, accidently hit the return key and somehow posted ha :)

im having a similar issue to Gerryice

The image is working quite well on the current VIX image
The problem i am having is when i FTP enigma2-plugin-cams-mgcamd.1.35a_1.0-r3_mipsel.ipk over to the box to /tmp folder, when i install this on the box, it appears to install, i can see mgcamd 1.35 in the softcam manager.. but i cannot start the plugin, i have newcamd.list and mg_cfg inside /usr/keys both with 755 permission.
i can also see MGcamd.1.35a inside /usr/softcams

i have tried VIX4 2.2, VIX4 2.1 and different versions of CCcam, and mgcamd

im going to try a few more things here, but if you guys have any information it would be gratefully appreciated

You are trying to install mgcamd for mips processor as in your fill can see mipsel.

You need to install it for sh4.

Download the attachement for sh4 a few posts before yours, edit the newcamd.list file for your details. Move all the files inside the keys folder in the ZIP file to usr/keys on your box and move the mgcamd1.38 file to usr/softcams and change the permissions to 755 on it after moving.

Now will be in your softcams manager and ready to go.

I have a Zgemma 2S and cannot get a nline to work its driving me crackers!!! i can get the CCCAM to work but the Nline just wont work, any tips?

Cant seem to get Mgcam to work on Amiko Alien 2. When i FTP the relevant files to the box and install via local extension on the box , everything seems fine , says to restart etc etc , but once the box restarts the files havent been added to the softcam. Any help greatly appreciated.

Back