Installing MGcamd

No that's right ftp that over. Install it.hen ftp both files mg_cfg and newcamd.list Into var>keys

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I have been trying all day 1.35 shows in softcam manager now ftp'd over Cfg and mgcam list in usr/keys line is good but nothing there is now a file in plug ins / softcams says mgcamd 138 when you open softcam manager it shows as 1.0 again checked Cfg and list files all good but nothing every time you high lite either version and enable start up they don't come up as active just very briefly says please wait searching for cams any ideas anyone also tried a 1.38 full ipk file no joy

I'm not quite sure how it's happened but this morning I just deceided to check plugins...download plugins....softcams & MGcamd 1.38 was on there! I've downloaded it & now it shows in Softcam manager as mgcamd.1.0.

When I try to start it I get the message 'No config files found, please setup MGcamd first in /var/keys'

I'm just waiting for my test line to come through then I'll see if it works

Hi There,

I'm currently using Vix4e2 on my Amiko Alien and using MGcamd 1.38 for SH4 and its working flawlessly, far better than OSCAM was,

To install I had to ftp the mgcamd_1.38d to usr\bin\ then go to softcam control and start MGcamd

I then went to user\keys and copied all the files into this location, replacing the newcamd.list with my info

Any problems let me know

Attachments

• Mgcamd 138d for sh4.zip
    452.7 KB · Views: 272
Ok, after having no luck with this I've now removed the MGcamd plugin via the box & am going to try your route rugbylad87.

So ive downloaded your attachment. Am I ftp'ing the whole folder to usr/bin? Or do you mean I need to download mgcamd_1.38d ipk from somewhere first & just use your files for step 2?

You guys have the patience of saints!

I'd go down the route of copying that bin and keys file into usr overwrite anything in the way then reboot box and start mgcamd

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Apologies, just checked and I ftp'd the MGcamd1.38d file to usr\softcams

Just copy the actual MGcamd1.38d file in the Zip, no need to search for an IPK,

Then same as before copy entire keys folder to usr\keys then edit the newcamd file with your info

Just an update on this - I deceided to do what Meatball suggested & get rid of ViXE2PROJECT & flash OpenVix.

This was easy & then it was a simple case of downloading MGcamd1.38 from the plugins.

After a bit of confusion with the nline, it's all installed now & channels unlocked.

My problem now appears to lie with a poor signal from the splitter to the twin cable tuners. I'll have to see if I can find a VM engineer that I can bung £20 to cut & crimp a couple of short lengths of official cable for me!

I suppose if all this was straightforward it would be boring!

Can you pm me where you got that flash from Richard and what version ,looks like it must be something in that vix4 that don't like mg cam must have tried 10 different 1.38 and 1.35 ipk's is there anyone on vix4e2 that has got it to work on the unibox ? as a lot have it working on other boxes with the same version

Can you pm me where you got that flash from Richard and what version ,looks like it must be something in that vix4 that don't like mg cam must have tried 10 different 1.38 and 1.35 ipk's is there anyone on vix4e2 that has got it to work on the unibox ? as a lot have it working on other boxes with the same version

I went on the Openvix website, downloads, clicked on Venton logo, Unibox HD Eco +, then clicked on the latest one Openvix 3 2 037.

There's also step by step guides on there telling you how to put it onto a USB stick & the rest of the process - take a look.

I've only used it for a day but it seems like Openvix is a tad slower or sluggish than ViXE2PROJECT but it's simple to add MGcamd.

Hi guys Iam a new member hope I am in the right place. Inave an Alien 8900 wit Vix4e2 image and can't get mgcamd to work any ideas?

How far have you got ?
Is MGcamd installed and running,
What CPU does your reciever have ? MIPS or SH4

Last edited:
Back