Ipab image only no channels

Petemcb

Hi,

I have a Zgemma h2h with a vm line using ipab. I updated ipab from 1.3.1 to 1.3.6 to enable the audio fix. First time I have done this as I only got the box around 6 weeks ago.

All went as planned and I had to re add my line, add area settings and scan. In scanning I have 407 channels but after the screen returns to the ipab image and I cannot access the channels. I have googled solutions bit cannot seem to get anywhere. Softcam is set up to mgcamd. I set the ghz on tv ( on Zgemma) to multi instead of 50ghz. Could that be part of the problem? Thanks

alright i used this image it works fine only thing you have to look at if your following the ipab instructions, is the updated instructions miss out some of the bouquets settings so just revert back to the old 1.3.2 instructions. you really cant go make sure though you dont update through set up and make sure you press yellow for emergency fix as that resolves audio issue

Hi,

I have a Zgemma h2h with a vm line using ipab. I updated ipab from 1.3.1 to 1.3.6 to enable the audio fix. First time I have done this as I only got the box around 6 weeks ago.

All went as planned and I had to re add my line, add area settings and scan. In scanning I have 407 channels but after the screen returns to the ipab image and I cannot access the channels. I have googled solutions bit cannot seem to get anywhere. Softcam is set up to mgcamd. I set the ghz on tv ( on Zgemma) to multi instead of 50ghz. Could that be part of the problem? Thanks
How do you update to fix the audio and what files do you need to save?

alright i used this image it works fine only thing you have to look at if your following the ipab instructions, is the updated instructions miss out some of the bouquets settings so just revert back to the old 1.3.2 instructions. you really cant go make sure though you dont update through set up and make sure you press yellow for emergency fix as that resolves audio issue

Hi Scotty, Thanks for your reply. Your answer is a bit jumbled. What image did you use? and did you revert back to 1.3.2? I was under the impression that the audio fix only worked with 1.3.6. Thanks

Hi, RoverMad.
I downloaded the 1.3.6 image from the Ipab site and flashed it to the box via memory stick. you are are looking for 1.3.6. details are on the ipab site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Scotty, Thanks for your reply. Your answer is a bit jumbled. What image did you use? and did you revert back to 1.3.2? I was under the impression that the audio fix only worked with 1.3.6. Thanks
No flash the 1.3.6 image but dont follow the 1.3.6 instructions as they miss out some of the bouquets.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Save your gift line and download new 1.3.6 image and flash to box

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Flash your Zgemma box

STOP – Before you proceed, it is assumed you know how to backup your line, OR that you are

installing this image onto a new box.

• Turn your Zgemma box OFF using the white switch on the rear of the box

• Insert the USB thumb drive containing the iPad.tv image into the rear USB port (On the new

Zgemma models you can use the front USB port, but for ease we will use the rear port here)

• Turn your Zgemma box ON using the white switch on the rear of the box

• The display on the front of your Zgemma box should say BOOT, then FLSH – Flashing the image

will take 5-10 minutes depending on your box. Please be patient.

• Once flashing has completed the box will begin to load. It is VERY important that AS SOON

AS your box changes from FLSH to BOOT that you remove the USB Thumb Drive and switch

off your Zgemma box using the white switch at the rear of the box.

STOP – Do not proceed to the next steps until you have removed the USB Thumb Drive and switched

off your Zgemma box using the white switch at the rear.

5. First Time Boot

• Connect any USB drive you will be using for recordings, timeshift and EPG storage into the

rear USB port.

• Switch your Zgemma box ON using the white power switch at the rear

• Wait for your Zgemma box to load (This will take between 1 and 2 minutes depending on

your model)

Set Correct TV Resolution

To ensure the widest possibly compatibility with ALL devices, the VIDEO WIZARD will run on first

boot

NOTE – With any of these settings in the VIDEO WIZARD, if you set a setting that is incompatible

with your TV, the screen will go blank, but will revert to the last good settings after about 30

seconds

• Select HDMI or RCA (Default HDMI)

• Select the maximum screen resolution your TV will support. 1080p is the Maximum

supported by your Zgemma box, try this then work down through 1080i, 720p and so on.

• Select the refresh rate your TV will support. UK standard is 50hz and it’s best to chose this

• Press OK to exit the wizard

You should now see Channel 4 HD

For the next steps, it is advised you work through the iPab Quick Start Menu – as such key presses

described below will walk you through these options. The iPab Menu is accessed via the Red

Button.

To ensure you start with the most up to date software and plugins, it is highly recommended that

you complete all of the following update steps

• Red Button > 1 > Yellow Button – This will run the emergency fixes to ensure any critical

issues are patched – The box will restart once complete

• Red Button > 4 > 1 – This will run the IPTV Player update to ensure you have the most up to

date IPTV player – The box will restart once complete

Ensure the entire screen is visible

• Red Button > 7 (Quick Start Setup) > 1 (OSD Position)

• Highlight the Move Left/Right line and press the LEFT or RIGHT buttons until the left side of

the RED box is visible, then press the LEFT button until the left side of the RED box is NOT

visible

• Highlight the Width line and press the LEFT or RIGHT buttons until the right side of the RED

box is visible, then press the RIGHT button until the right side of the RED box is NOT visible

• Highlight the Move Up/Down line and press the LEFT or RIGHT buttons until the top side of

the RED box is visible, then press the LEFT button until the left side of the RED box is NOT

visible

• Highlight the Height line and press the LEFT or RIGHT buttons until the right side of the RED

box is visible, then press the RIGHT button until the right side of the RED box is NOT visible

The end result you are looking for is for the Blue, Yellow and Green boxes all to be visible, but the

Red box should not be visible

• Press the Green button to save this setting

You will remain in the Quick Start Menu ready for the next section

Initialise your USB drive

STOP This will completely erase your USB drive. If you are upgrading your box to use the iPab.tv

custom image and have already initialised a disk that has some content on, you can skip this part.

• 2 (Hard Disk Initialisation)

• Select your drive and press OK Button

• Red Button (Initialise) -> OK Button

• Your USB Drive will now be formatted (Initialised). This may take anything from a few

seconds to a few minutes depending on the size of the drive you have connected

NOTE If you see an error message about being unable to unmount your drive, follow these steps

and then go back to the ‘Initialise your USB drive’ section.

• Exit to TV > Red Button > 2 (Fixes Menu) > 7 (Disable Timeshift Autostart)

• You will see a message confirming Timeshift has been disabled

• Exit button > Exit Button

You will remain in the Quick Start Menu ready for the next section (assuming you didn’t have to

disable Timeshift)

Setup a swap file on your USB Drive

• 3 (Swap File Manager)

• Green Button (Create) > OK Button to select the drive to create the swap file on

• Select the size of swap disk – 256mb has proven the best option to chose

• Press OK Button – You will see a message being displayed to "Wait please while creating

swapfile...”- This should take no more than a few minutes.

• Once the text at the top of the screen has changed to ‘Enable Swap at startup’ you should

then press Red Button (Activate) > Yellow Button (Autostart)

• Exit Button > Exit Button > Exit Button - This will return you to TV

STOP – You MUST now reboot your box for the drive to be registered correctly and for the swap file

to work. The correct way to reboot is: Menu > Standby / Restart > Restart (Do not select Restart

GUI as we want a full reboot).

Once the box has rebooted you can continue.

Check the location for Recording and Timeshift

• Red Button > 7 (Quick Start Setup) > 4 (Recordings settings)

• Check the ‘Default movie location’ which should be /media/hdd/movie/ - This should be

the default and as long as you’ve followed the steps above this shouldn’t require changing

• Exit Button

• 5 (Timeshift Settings)

• Check the ‘Timeshift location’ which should be /media/hdd/timeshift/ – This should be the

default and as long as you’ve followed the steps above this shouldn’t require changing.

Virgin Only Setup

Use this setup if you are ONLY connected to Cable (Virgin) Feed.

For the next steps, it is advised you work through the iPab Virgin Quick Start Menu – as such key

presses described below will walk you through these options. The iPab Menu is accessed via the

Red Button.

Set your local TV region to ensure correct Virgin TV channels

STOP You might be used to using Auto Bouquets Maker, but the iPab.tv Custom Image works very

differently. Bouquets and channels are managed by custom plugins – The iPab.TV Custom Image is

configured in a very unique way. Please follow these steps carefully. You should only need to make

a change to your region once – The iPab.TV Custom Image will take care of automatically updating

your channel line up on a nightly basis.

Fast Prep

Fast prep will remove the already configured Sky channels and set the Virgin Skin ready for use.

• Red Button > 8 (Virgin Quick Start Setup) > 0 (Virgin Only Skin & Bouquet Fast Prep)

NOTE – This process may take a while to complete

You box will now perform some clean up steps and setup the Virgin Skin (with Picons) for your use.

Your box will restart and momentarily show the Virgin bar at the bottom of the screen but will

appear to be stuck on the boot logo – This is because for the moment, you don’t have any channels.

Create the Virgin Channels and Bouquets

• Red Button > 8 (Virgin Quick Start Setup) > 6 (Tuner Config)

• Select the Cable Tuner (this is usually Tuner B)

• If you have a Tuner Type displayed, Select Tuner C

• Enter the Network ID for your Virgin Area (Region (If you don’t know what this is, use Virgin

Net ID tool at http://ipab.tv/virgin-netid-search/)

• Ensure ‘Used service scan type’ is set to ‘Provider’

• Change the ‘Provider to scan’ to ‘Virgin Media UK (All systems)’

• Green Button to Save

• If prompted, select Yes to ‘Zap back to service before tuner setup’

• Exit Button (this will return you to the Virgin Quick Start Menu’

• 8 (Advanced Bouquets Management)

• Select Configure

• Change ‘Place bouquets at’ to TOP

• Green to Save

• Select Providers

• Set ‘FreeSat UK’ to NO

• Set ‘Horizon IE’ to NO

• Set ‘Sky ROI’ to NO

• Set ‘Sky UK’ to NO

Virgin (UK) – Set to YES

Virgin (UK): Region – Set this to your Virgin Region (If you don’t know what this is, use Virgin

Net ID tool at http://ipab.tv/virgin-netid-search/

Virgin (UK): FTA ONLY – NO

Virgin (UK): generate main bouquet – YES

Virgin (UK): generate sections bouquets – YES

Virgin (UK): generate HD bouquet – YES

Virgin (UK): generate FTA bouquet – NO

Virgin (UK): generate FTA HD bouquet – NO

Virgin (UK): Swap Channels - YES

STOP – Just double check here that the Virgin options you have set are you region, generate HD

Bouquet, generate sections bouquets and generate HD bouquet

• Green Button to Save

• Scroll down and select ‘Populate Database & Create Virgin Bouquets’

• The scan will start automatically. The scan will take a few minutes to perform

• The scan will start automatically. The scan will take a few minutes to perform create the

channels and bouquets. After which you will be returned to the Virgin Quick Start Menu.

Disable the Sky Bouquet Maker scheduled update

• 7 (Sky Bouquet Maker)

• Press the Menu Button

• Change the ‘Enable SBM Daily Update’ to NO

• Green Button (OK) – This will save your settings

• Exit Button – This will return you the Virgin Quick Start Menu.

Check and Update your Virgin EPG (Electronic Program Guide)

• 9 (EPG Refresh)

• If you see the Help pages on first entry, just click red button to close these

• Blue Button (edit services) > Blue Button (New) > Red Button (All) - This will list all channels

in alpha order

• Scroll down and select PVR_EPG channel (Press OK when you’ve highlighted it

• Green Button to save

• Change ‘Refresh EPG automatically’ to YES

• Change ‘EPG refresh auto-start earliest’ to 04:30

• Change ‘EPG refresh auto-start latest’ to 05:00

• Change ‘Show Advanced Options’ to YES

• Change ‘Wake up from standby for EPG Refresh’ to YES

• Green Button to save

NOTE - If you wish to run the refresh now, go back into EPGRefresh and press the Yellow Button

and select Refresh Now – The screen will go blank for two minutes – This is to be expected.

Disable your Sky EPG (Electronic Program Guide)

• Exit Button > 7 (Quick Start Setup) > 8 (CrossEPG)

• Select Configure

• Change ‘Scheduled download’ to ‘disabled’

• Press the Exit Button once

• Select Sky EPG Providers

• Green Button to DISABLE ‘Sky UK OpenTV (Astra2 on 28.2)

• Press the Exit Button once

• Exit Button – This will return you the Quick Start Menu.

You can now skip onto the ‘Adding your line’ section

ive slightly changed that around to help you that set up worked for me

Ive just downloaded Ipab v1.3.6 and NAR is still active...anybody else having this issue, I thought this issue was sorted ???

Last edited:
Ive just downloaded Ipab v1.3.6 had NAR is still active...anybody else having this issue, I thought this issue was sorted ???
Red Button > 1 > Yellow Button – This will run the emergency fixes to ensure any critical

That worked for mine

That happened on one of my reflashes i would reflash again somethings gone wrong. Red button should bring up iPab Main Menu

It was at the end of all my setting up that i put the vix skin on, and then everything went pear shape after that,

well i'd leave vix off ive just done another reflash and followed the above install instructions. Mine is all fine no NAR issues.

Back