IPTV vs Motorised

Looking forward to seeing how it goes. Had to shell out £100 on getting my car sorted this weekend just gone so doesn’t look like I’ll be getting anything shiny for a while. :( [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its hard going mate,
my 'fun' money comes from my picking up scrap at work, I could never justify spending actual wages on stuff like this
I've been quite lucky in that I picked up enough past few weeks, spent it, and have now got almost it all back again in under 2 weeks, usually takes me a couple of months to pick up 50-60£ of scrap if I'm lucky.

I usually try and fund all this stuff selling shite on eBay (managed to flog a Solo2 and a H.2S and get an Ultimo for cable and satellite (okay it’s an old box now but it does the job and it came with IPTV and can have plug and play tuners I believe?) with the money. Normally wouldn’t have minded chucking £60 at that setup as a one off but car’s gonna come first I guess.

Besides, if you start faffing about first then I can learn from your mistakes. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I usually try and fund all this stuff selling shite on eBay (managed to flog a Solo2 and a H.2S and get an Ultimo for cable and satellite (okay it’s an old box now but it does the job and it came with IPTV and can have plug and play tuners I believe?) with the money. Normally wouldn’t have minded chucking £60 at that setup as a one off but car’s gonna come first I guess.

Besides, if you start faffing about first then I can learn from your mistakes. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

ye,
I've also sold a few bits on ebay, but the missus usually pockets that, apart from the bits I buy on ebay, its her account, :)
ye, transport comes first,
anyway, I thought I was gonna learn from your fk up, ;)
I'm going outside now, I may be gone for some time,,,,,,,,,,,,,

PS : I kinda fancy one of them Formuler1 boxes with an added DVB-C tuner,,,,,,,

Don’t be letting any of that Saharan dust get in your motor [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

The amount of channels out there, there’s still a shit load that will clear. All you can do is try it out and see. The worst that can happen is you end up sending the dish you bought back to the seller because it wasn’t worth it to you.

Don't think would be able to send it back of used it properly.

Just seems from reading on other place Euro c/s isn't as effective and people go to Tandberg and biss keys. But still don't get what major things you get through the keys. I imagine it will be what's not on Euro c/s.

Been thinking about this for a while now. I get there is so much content on motorised setup from around the world. But honestly dont know if will be worth it as dont watch a whole lot of TV as it is so would be a waste of money paying for this setup when not going to be using alot of the sats.

Because reading on what you get you can alot of stuff on the dish setup that you get off ebay but you get even more sats if you get 1m+ dish. Taken some quotes from installers and its damn expensive because I wouldnt be able to put the setup up by myself like others have here.

But more importantly my family would struggle to use this setup and they would not be able to navigate it properly. So dont want them to be uncomfortable using it. This is a luxury type setup and think wont be wise getting it unless last resort.

What do you mean they wouldn't be able to navigate it?... once set up it's literally the same as using it for sky, except you'll have to wait a few seconds for the dish to shift if you're moving between birds as you can set up bouquets like you would sky in ABM. You don't need 1m, 80cm will get you plenty and you get everything you need for £60 off eBay.

Been thinking about this for a while now. I get there is so much content on motorised setup from around the world. But honestly dont know if will be worth it as dont watch a whole lot of TV as it is so would be a waste of money paying for this setup when not going to be using alot of the sats.

Because reading on what you get you can alot of stuff on the dish setup that you get off ebay but you get even more sats if you get 1m+ dish. Taken some quotes from installers and its damn expensive because I wouldnt be able to put the setup up by myself like others have here.

But more importantly my family would struggle to use this setup and they would not be able to navigate it properly. So dont want them to be uncomfortable using it. This is a luxury type setup and think wont be wise getting it unless last resort.
By what means do you watch telly now may I ask?

Maybe you guys have misunderstood me.

Its more for my family than me they are used to sly numbering so doesn't matter if motorised setup is similar it will be alien for them to get used to due to different sats etc.

With Euro sub price and installation cost would be high even if intial setup is £60.

On top of that with huge amount of content on motorised don't think we would even watch most of it. So just seems a waste getting. Just my opinion but if you don't watch a lot of TV seems pointless and a waste. Others who watch a lot would benefit from motorised setup imo. Been thinking about this and maybe If I had no choice then I would be forced to get motorised.

Thats your opinion mate.

For me and my family who dont watch alot of TV its not about having a huge range of channels to choose from on motorised. It isnt quality if you will hardly use the setup to its full potential. So having it just for the sake of it isnt wise imo nor have we got the money to burn on such things when there are other necessities to deal with such as bills.

Not trying to put anyone down who has motorised as its probably is a great setup with huge range of channels from around the world. But imho it wont be worth it for us, not yet anyway. If anything happens to cable then of course will reevaluate as then will have no choice to get it as you then have motorised and IPTV as alternatives if things go pear shaped.

Maybe you guys have misunderstood me.

Its more for my family than me they are used to sly numbering so doesn't matter if motorised setup is similar it will be alien for them to get used to due to different sats etc.]

That will be freesat on your old sky box then! If everything else doesn't warrant the outlay.

Freesat on my E2 box with still some sly channels working which they mainly watch. Doesnt seem like they are interested in other channels.

Like I said no need to get motorised yet nor does it warrant spending money on such a setup when other priorities are more important.

Back