is there a way to get feed from downstairs box in my bedroom ?? like sky magic eye

Hi all,

I used to have a feed from my box downstairs to my bedroom so I could watch sky in bed.

Is there a way to do this somehow with the zgemma s2 or maybe a different choice of box without having to buy another second zgemma

Thanks

simon

If your sat dish isn't ancient you may have an LNB with 4 ports on. Two for downstairs and you could stick a single feed from your dish into your bedroom (either through the wall if your dish is outside your room, or up, through the soffit, in the loft space and drop down to the bedroom). Get a cheap box like an openbox for £45 on ebay. Make sure your line provider does multiroom and you are away.

...or simply buy an RF modulator, that uses the RCA outputs on the Zgemma box to output an RF signal over your aerial cable and distribute that around the house to all bedrooms - that's what I do.

In my opinion the easiest way to do this without drilling any holes is to buy a video sender and a second remote control for the zGemma

I use wireless av sender from living room to TV directly above in bedroom. Any further and signal degrades.

and how do I use co-ax cable to get on tv upstairs

also how do I turn over the channels ?

thanks

You would connect either the scart output or HDMI to the Modulator or VCR. Them connect the co ax to the modulator or VCR's RF out and connect the other end to the second TV. You would then tune an analogue channel on the TV to pick up the signal. For remote control you would need a Remote sender. Google it as there are a lot of differant makes about that would work.

I'm also looking at getting my ZGemma feeding through my coax like I did with my sky hd box with magic eye.

Anyone got a triax kit working with these? Would I be able to change channels using triax or am I better off getting an rf modulator and changing chans with an iPhone app? Or even a wireless av sender?

Ive installed a triax replacing someones magic eye.
I thought for £50 the quality was terrible but i only had 30 mins to put in so..........

Ive installed a triax replacing someones magic eye.
I thought for £50 the quality was terrible but i only had 30 mins to put in so..........

Cheers mate. And were you able to change the chan on the other TV using this? Second zgemma remote needed I guess?

I see you use a wireless av sender. Seen you mention it in my search for a solution to this. How's the quality for you? Do you mind linking me to the one you have?

Wireless Av senders can work very well if you are sending a signal a short distance - in my case a modern house so probably made out of cardboard and sender is directly under the room that the receiver is in so it works great. They do have problems if used in caves (joke) and real issues if water pipes are in the way (I kid you not)

mate i used to have my house wired up like you want. i used the rca outputs of the sat box connected to an rf converter, and conected to that was the aerial cable going to the bedroom. Problem was you had to watch the same channel that was on in the living room and you couldnt change the channel. Now I have a dongle called an 'Android Mini Pc', with the 'timote' app downloaded on it, and you plug it into the hdmi port on the second tv, you can watch a different channel to that shown in the living room and you can change the channels from your bedroom. all this without wires as it sends the signal through wifi, all you need is the openwebif plugin on your zgemma. the android mini pc bascially turns your tv into an android tablet, so of course watching tv isnt the only thing you can do with it. It only costs around £26 on ebay but you need the remote to go with it which costs another £11, (you could always buy a mouse to go with it, but in my opionion the remote is best) you can download that app onto your smartphone as well (iv used the vu+ app as well to do the same thing but i think timote is better)

Nice one guys. Thanks for the info. I think I'm gonna go with the rf modulator. I'll take a look at that Android Mini PC but I have an app on my phone I can use for now for the channel changing.

TV is a couple of floors up so could be an issue with a wireless av sender. Guess it makes sense to use the coax since it's there.

What rf modulator you got paddyh?

Im using a standard rf modulator cost £20 I think

Yes I use the open web if to stream. Download the app, put your ip address in, port, user and pass and that's it

---------- Post Merged at 01:05 AM ----------

If you have an old vcr it can be used as the rf modulator

I've just got myself an RF modulator but having trouble getting the feed on my TV upstairs. I had a magic eye in before so know the connection is ok.

I've been choosing random channels on the RF modulator and changing the TV channel to this with no luck. Is this what I should be doing? Have tried auto tuning but no picture is coming.

Is there maybe a setting on the zgemma to enable the yellow/red/white output? Can't obviously see one...

Back