is there a way to get feed from downstairs box in my bedroom ?? like sky magic eye

I use the Blackbox app for iPhone and AirPlay to my Apple TV. In HD. It's amazing AND I can watch my box anywhere in the world. Awesome

Hello mate, does Blackbox definitely work with the zGemma Star 2S? I was thinking of updating my OpenBox to the 2S and if this works then I'm definitely doing it!
Kind Regards, TC.

Guys , when streaming via the fire tv stick , how are you downloading the file for info??
as the guide says press on the tv icon ; how do you do this with fire tv ?? Do you have a mouse keyboard ??
cheers , been struggling with this for a while now .

Use a PC to download the channel list then adbfire to transfer the file to your file stick I think

I will warn you to try an limit the number of channels that you have in you channel list as it takes a while to start up otherwise

I use the Blackbox app for iPhone and AirPlay to my Apple TV. In HD. It's amazing AND I can watch my box anywhere in the world. Awesome

Is there an Android app that will let you watch it any where? Got it working on Kodi and dreamDroid app but only works whilst on home network or am I missing something?

Many Thanks

Is there an Android app that will let you watch it any where? Got it working on Kodi and dreamDroid app but only works whilst on home network or am I missing something?

Many Thanks

You need to set up port forwarding on your router,

http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/81772-access-your-box-public-internet.html

You need to set up port forwarding on your router, Access your box from Public Internet

I tried this myself and managed to get as far as it loading the openwebif page. Clicking on stream though doesn't load anything. Has anyone tried this with the old sagem sly routers?

You need to set up port forwarding on your router, Access your box from Public Internet

I tried this myself and managed to get as far as it loading the openwebif page. Clicking on stream though doesn't load anything. Has anyone tried this with the old sagem sly routers?

have port forwards 8001, that is used for streaming. Also associate m3u file with VLC so when you click on stream button, it should download m3u file and launch VLC. Are you getting the m3u download ?

Will warn you that you need a couple of mb of upload bandwidth to stream video.

have port forwards 8001, that is used for streaming. Also associate m3u file with VLC so when you click on stream button, it should download m3u file and launch VLC. Are you getting the m3u download ?

Got it working on my PC by using vlc to open the m3u file. How do I get it to work on ipad/iPhone? What app will open an m3u file? Downloaded vlc for iPhone but I cant get it to open the m3u file

Last edited:
Hey Simon, I've been thinking about the same thing. I've got a Zgemma in my living room and I also want to watch it in my bedroom without getting a second box and line. What I'm going to try is using a good HDMI splitter to give me the 2 outputs from my box, then run a 10m HDMI cable up to my second tv in the bedroom. Then, I'll use my iPhone to browse and change channels using OpenWebIf by entering the box's IP address into the phone browser (Safari). If it works as expected, it should cost me about £12 for the splitter and cable :) I'll let you know how it goes.

Got it working on my PC by using vlc to open the m3u file. How do I get it to work on ipad/iPhone? What app will open an m3u file? Downloaded vlc for iPhone but I cant get it to open the m3u file

ipad and iphone have VLC available. Open VLC and point it at the downloaded file. If you are using chrome then you can tell chrome to always open m3u files with VLC I think.

Alternative there are iOS apps for dreambox. Blackbox Live is supposed to be pretty good but costs £3.

Ok I have now tried timote and dreamdroid but both find box, show channels and recordings but I can't get ither to stream.. Is their any settings I should check on my router??

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the TV is on analogue when I'm searching for the signal from the RF box. I'll try channel 36 on RF Box thanks. I've tried various channels on the RF box and I can manually tune the TV to that particular channel, and still nothing? Although I can see that there is something trying to get through because when I tune the TV to the RF channel the picture is slightly different. I'll try again tonight and if no joy im getting my money back.

I did think about an HDMI splitter but as the ariel cable was already in place I took this route, it does sound the best option though.

Thanks for the replies.

Last edited:
Hi there, first post so I'm sorry if the answer is somewhere else.

Basically I used to have a lead coming out from my sky box, around he house and into the bedroom, where I could change my channel on my tv with a magic eye. I had to watch the same channel up and downstairs which I dont mind.

What do I need to do to use this cable with my new Zgemma box? I want to be able to change channel upstairs the same too and I would like something cheap and simple.

Can I still use the magic eye that i used with sky? Or do I need a new one? Is a tri link or rf modulator the best?

Thanks for any replys

Andy, I'm trying to do exactly the same. If possible I would look at getting an HDMI cable up to the second TV, via a splitter out of the zgemma. I do think this is the best option, but unfortunately its not easy for me because I have pre drilled holes in the wall where the existing cable is that served the sky magic eye, an HDMI will not fit unless I drill bigger holes which I don't really want to do.

Using a RF box on channel 36, I had a picture last night on the upstairs TV for all of 2 minutes. It wasn't great and had loads of background noise and it was gone haha. Its either the RF box or cable / connection that's at fault, I'm getting a new connection today.

Thanks for the reply, I would rather hard wire it and use the cable that's presently there if possible? Is there a magic eye that works with the Zgemma box?

Not that im aware of, u will need to get an RF Attenuator box, but don't get the one from Maplins because I can't get it to work.

At last I've sorted the upstairs TV - I've gone the android mini pc route and linked the zgemma downstairs using the Timote app and BSPlayer, its working great on WIFI but can be a bit glitch at times on SD or HD. 100% New Latest M8 Quad Core Android 4.4 TV Box Smart Mini PC XBMC Wifi 5G UK | eBay

For what ever reason I couldn't get the RF box working with the existing cable that was previously used for the SKY magic eye. Although I could get it working when by taking the TV downstairs and using a preformed aerial cable?

Anyway its sorted now and all that to thanks forum!!

At last I've sorted the upstairs TV - I've gone the android mini pc route and linked the zgemma downstairs using the Timote app and BSPlayer, its working great on WIFI but can be a bit glitch at times on SD or HD. 100% New Latest M8 Quad Core Android 4.4 TV Box Smart Mini PC XBMC Wifi 5G UK | eBay

For what ever reason I couldn't get the RF box working with the existing cable that was previously used for the SKY magic eye. Although I could get it working when by taking the TV downstairs and using a preformed aerial cable?

Anyway its sorted now and all that to thanks forum!!
Good morning. Please can u give me a crash course on doing this. I have downloaded timote and try to set up but keep giving me error messages.
Please will appreciate any help u can render. Thanks

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Zgemma s2 downstairs. .... I run openwebif. .... to watch TV upstairs I use dream epg android app and bubble upnp android app and a chromecast. .... works awesome...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Back