is there a way to get feed from downstairs box in my bedroom ?? like sky magic eye

Try to make sure the channel you set is not the same as a freeview channel group. Also pick a low number channel if possible as some time the higher ones can have problems with 4G signals interfering with it.

i remember i had the same problem, i think i sorted it by picking an empty channel on analog, going to manual scan and NOT auto, then picking the same channel as set on rf modulator which for me is 51, not to sure if the band has anything to do with it but mines set to V/UHF.

Thanks for the help guys. Got it working eventually. Only way I could get it to find it with a scan was to plug the old sky magic eye back in and then re-scan. Maybe there's a signal booster in the magic eye? Got a loftbox booster though so very strange. Took the magic eye out and it's "locked on" now though so all good.

mate i used to have my house wired up like you want. i used the rca outputs of the sat box connected to an rf converter, and conected to that was the aerial cable going to the bedroom. Problem was you had to watch the same channel that was on in the living room and you couldnt change the channel. Now I have a dongle called an 'Android Mini Pc', with the 'timote' app downloaded on it, and you plug it into the hdmi port on the second tv, you can watch a different channel to that shown in the living room and you can change the channels from your bedroom. all this without wires as it sends the signal through wifi, all you need is the openwebif plugin on your zgemma. the android mini pc bascially turns your tv into an android tablet, so of course watching tv isnt the only thing you can do with it. It only costs around £26 on ebay but you need the remote to go with it which costs another £11, (you could always buy a mouse to go with it, but in my opionion the remote is best) you can download that app onto your smartphone as well (iv used the vu+ app as well to do the same thing but i think timote is better)

Can you install/side load this on the Amazon fire stick

...or simply buy an RF modulator, that uses the RCA outputs on the Zgemma box to output an RF signal over your aerial cable and distribute that around the house to all bedrooms - that's what I do.

Me too. Works fine. I've got a 4 way coax amp being fed from the Zgemma, with kitchen, 2 bedrooms and the games room being fed the signal.

mate i used to have my house wired up like you want. i used the rca outputs of the sat box connected to an rf converter, and conected to that was the aerial cable going to the bedroom. Problem was you had to watch the same channel that was on in the living room and you couldnt change the channel. Now I have a dongle called an 'Android Mini Pc', with the 'timote' app downloaded on it, and you plug it into the hdmi port on the second tv, you can watch a different channel to that shown in the living room and you can change the channels from your bedroom. all this without wires as it sends the signal through wifi, all you need is the openwebif plugin on your zgemma. the android mini pc bascially turns your tv into an android tablet, so of course watching tv isnt the only thing you can do with it. It only costs around £26 on ebay but you need the remote to go with it which costs another £11, (you could always buy a mouse to go with it, but in my opionion the remote is best) you can download that app onto your smartphone as well (iv used the vu+ app as well to do the same thing but i think timote is better)

hi, would this set up also work on other types of boxes? I am particularly interested in being able to watch different channels at the same time. can single tuner boxes handle that?

You can do this within kodi just enable the vu over addon

---------- Post Merged at 12:48 PM ----------

You can do this within kodi just enable the vu pvr addon

Hello all, first post here, hopefully someone can help me out. I've bought an RF modulator to get the signal upstairs from my zgemma downstairs. But I cannot for the life in me get a picture on the TV upstairs?

Set up is; red, yellow, white out from zgemma to red, yellow, white in on RF modulator, then 'to tv' out via ariel cable from RF modulator straight into back of TV upstairs ( the ariel cable was already on place from using a sky magic eye). I'm tuning the TV upstairs on 'mono' that I presume is analogue but no picture? I've tried various channels on the modulator but still nothing. How do I know what's an empty channel on analogue?

Hopefully someone can help? Ive just spent 50 squid at maplins...

Thanks in advance, stu

Are you sure your TV has an analogue tuner as well as a digital one? Mono doesn't sound right for analogue.

Set rf box to channel 36 and use same channel u were with skys boxp

---------- Post Merged at 09:31 PM ----------

Or retune the tv.
Mono is just audio?.....

I use the Blackbox app for iPhone and AirPlay to my Apple TV. In HD. It's amazing AND I can watch my box anywhere in the world. Awesome

Guys , when streaming via the fire tv stick , how are you downloading the file for info??
as the guide says press on the tv icon ; how do you do this with fire tv ?? Do you have a mouse keyboard ??
cheers , been struggling with this for a while now .

Now I have a dongle called an 'Android Mini Pc', with the 'timote' app downloaded on it, and you plug it into the hdmi port on the second tv, you can watch a different channel to that shown in the living room and you can change the channels from your bedroom. all this without wires as it sends the signal through wifi, all you need is the openwebif plugin on your zgemma. the android mini pc bascially turns your tv into an android tablet, so of course watching tv isnt the only thing you can do with it. It only costs around £26 on ebay but you need the remote to go with it which costs another £11, (you could always buy a mouse to go with it, but in my opionion the remote is best) you can download that app onto your smartphone as well (iv used the vu+ app as well to do the same thing but i think timote is better)

I like the sound of this lol... Could you please give a little more info on how to set up please.. I have a andriod dongle sitting in a box but thaught I'd test it on my android phone first. Iv got the channels showing up on the tmote app you mentioned but none of them will stream?? It loads for a while then message tells me it cannot be played?? Are you using a certain player or is their anything I should be activating on the zgemma 2s?? :fartlight:

I have vlc installed and did try straight after standard player but it gives me playback error and a cone doing back flips for a long time then playback error again.

---------- Post Merged at 11:38 AM ----------

Screenshot_2015-11-22-11-33-43.jpgis that normal?

Back