ITV 2,3,4 HD

chenks

TK Veteran
i take it ITV 2,3,4 HD are well and truly gone now?
haven't cleared for me for god knows how long now.

ideally in this instance i'd want to put the SD variants back on 118,119,120 EPG slots, but to do that i'd need to turn off the HD swap in ABM. problem is that doing that would also remove the HD variants from 101-105 too.

so is there a workaround for that?
and has everyone lost these channels or is it just me? :)

You can comment out the swaps in the providers file or see if you can use CustomMix.

From what I've seen this is a major cache issue as a few have said they work. I have ITV 4 HD working on and off.

yeah the problem with commenting out the provider file is that if a new one gets pushed out you have to re-apply the changes again.

it's probably 1 guy in his garage supplying every seller/resller with access now :)

I dont watch those channels much but last I checked Itv 4 hd was the only one working. I have cable downstairs so just use openwebif if I want to watch anything thats not working upstairs

You can comment out the swaps in the providers file or see if you can use CustomMix.

From what I've seen this is a major cache issue as a few have said they work. I have ITV 4 HD working on and off.

that sorted the swap, SD now back on 118,119,120 and other HD channels still swapped in place.

still have that custommix issue with the EPG number for my BBC2 swap to 115 (where it lists it as 802 802 BBC Scotland.

Try using deletes to delete 802 and see if that works.

Code:
<deletes>
    <!-- Delete channels that have been swapped, to remove duplication -->
    <delete target="802"></delete>
</deletes>

nooo.... if you remember, in my region BBC2 HD is on 115 (with SD on 102).
with the HD swap it puts HD on 102 and leaves 115 blank (with SD put down to 802).

my custommix then puts the 802 back into 115, but because i have custommix set to show the EPG numbers, it displays it as 802 even though it's in the 115 slot.

so it's not a duplication issue i have.

Yes but you will still have 802 in the secondary bouquet so maybe if 802 is deleted via custommix 802 won't be displayed as it doesn't exist

ok this is what i tried, deleted bouquets, rescanned and it caused a blue screen reboot

Code:
<custommix>
    <inserts>
       <insert target="115" source="102" provider="sat_282_sky_uk" ></insert>
    </inserts>

<deletes>
        <!-- Delete channels that have been swapped, to remove duplication -->
        <delete target="802"></delete>
    </deletes>

<hacks>
<![CDATA[
# swap channel numbers. Only swaps number. Channel swap is still done in bouquetwriter.py
if providerConfig.isSwapChannels() and "swapchannels" in providers[section_identifier] and len(providers[section_identifier]["swapchannels"]) > 0 and "preferred_order" in providers[section_identifier]["swapchannels"][0]:
   for swaprule in providers[section_identifier]["swapchannels"][0]["preferred_order"]:
       if swaprule[0] in services[section_identifier]["video"] and swaprule[1] in services[section_identifier]["video"] and services[section_identifier]["video"][swaprule[1]]["service_type"] >= 17:
           customised["video"][swaprule[0]]["number"] = swaprule[1]
           customised["video"][swaprule[1]]["number"] = swaprule[0]

for service in sorted(customised["video"].keys()):
   if service in range(1,1000):
       if "interactive_name" in customised["video"][service]:
           customised["video"][service]["interactive_name"] = str(customised["video"][service]["number"]) + " " + customised["video"][service]["interactive_name"]
       else:
           customised["video"][service]["interactive_name"] = str(customised["video"][service]["number"]) + " " + customised["video"][service]["service_name"]

]]>

</hacks>
</custommix>

what does the EPG mod actually do?
does it do the same as what i already have via the custommix where it addes the EPG numbers next to the channel names?

what does the EPG mod actually do?
does it do the same as what i already have via the custommix where it addes the EPG numbers next to the channel names?
Yes but adds numbers regardless of ABM or abe2 it's a system mod that displays the enigma2 numbers. ABM hack and abe2 just adds numbers to service names and brakes SNP picons so SRP picons need to be used.

ah.. always wondered by SNP picons never worked!

so i guess first of all it's worth checking if the enigma2 number for this channel would be correct before actually applying it?

ah.. always wondered by SNP picons never worked!

so i guess first of all it's worth checking if the enigma2 number for this channel would be correct before actually applying it?
It will likely be correct as if you can type 114 and it takes you to that channel. The issue seems like that ABM is printing 802 because that is the channel it is meant to be on.

Issue you may find odd that it uses e2 channel numbers so if you use all channels bouquet this will be correct then entertainment etc will be 4 digit numbers as ABM duplicates the channels to place the channels in separate bouquets, I have ABM generate main bouquet to no so entertainment etc is correct.

Almost forgot there's a bug that causes a crash if you don't have bouquets on launch to yes and use down button then red for all channels and choose an alternative channel and press EPG you get a crash. I think this is because these channels don't have a number so pressing EPG causes a crash but if bouquets on launch is yes then you can choose a bouquet to enter.

i primarily use the seperate genre bouquets, so to make it work correctly i would need to disable the main bouquet?

Yes but you can use all channels bouquet just entertainment onwards will have 4 digit numbers.

that's not an outcome i'd want, so it would need to be no all channels if i was using this.

Almost forgot there's a bug that causes a crash if you don't have bouquets on launch to yes and use down button then red for all channels and choose an alternative channel and press EPG you get a crash. I think this is because these channels don't have a number so pressing EPG causes a crash but if bouquets on launch is yes then you can choose a bouquet to enter.

where is this setting?

ah no, that's not a desired end result.
guess i'll just have to live with 115 being displayed as 802 802 BBC Scotland

either that or ABM actually support nations having a diffe

Back