Line/gift showing offline

daveh81

Hi all.
My line as been working perfectly until Wednesday afternoon and I lost all my channel apart from FTA. My Internet connection is OK and I've got the latest firmware and channel list. (Upgrade by network ) but my line is showing offline. I've tried reboot the box and reset the router with no luck. My box is openbox v8s any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers in advance

Seems that a lot of servers went off yesterday. Does anyone know what happened?
I think you mean the people that are on OpenATV and not VIX and there box updated to buggy firmware OTA.

For this guy on the Openbox yeah it's probably a server issue.

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

Mine has gone off too but after I emailed the guy who runs the server he was good enough to get back to me and say he is away till the 27th and will sort it when he returns.I dont know if anyone on here uses same server but it has been reliable for me for over 8 months now and I will give him the benefit of the doubt.Dont mind missing my sports for a few days so hopefully will be back on next week.

Mine has gone off too but after I emailed the guy who runs the server he was good enough to get back to me and say he is away till the 27th and will sort it when he returns.I dont know if anyone on here uses same server but it has been reliable for me for over 8 months now and I will give him the benefit of the doubt.Dont mind missing my sports for a few days so hopefully will be back on next week.

I bought mine back in March from Amazon and tried to contact him all day today, no answer, hopefully its the same guy then :) just sat down last night to watch the football and everything was scrambled!!!

Mine went off too but complete noob and don't know which server I'm on or nothing. Completely in the dark. So I wouldn't know who to contact. Got box from amazon. Tried to email seller but unsure if they would know

Your line in your box may give it away to at least Google. The Openbox forum will tell you how to input a line so you can check the file locations and view your existing one.

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

My openbox gone offline as well, I to got it back in March, have tried to contact the supplier but not getting any answers. Being fairly new to this not sure where to go from here, hope it's the same guy that's back on the 27th.

I've had the exact same issue and after messaging the seller on Amazon I was also told to wait until the 27th as the guy is on holiday. Guess we are all in the same boat until then!. What are the chances of the server going down on the exact same week he is on holiday!.

I've had the exact same issue and after messaging the seller on Amazon I was also told to wait until the 27th as the guy is on holiday. Guess we are all in the same boat until then!. What are the chances of the server going down on the exact same week he is on holiday!.

Well if he left his server un-attended 24/7 my guess it has developed a technical fault and needs a person to sort it.I expect it will be sorted then but if not we can start enquiring about other lines.I really cannot complain about an 8 months pay tv 'gift' and an openbox for 70 quid that has been faultless so far-others are not so lucky.

Well if he left his server un-attended 24/7 my guess it has developed a technical fault and needs a person to sort it.I expect it will be sorted then but if not we can start enquiring about other lines.I really cannot complain about an 8 months pay tv 'gift' and an openbox for 70 quid that has been faultless so far-others are not so lucky.

Yeah i get what you're saying and thats a good way to look at it. Another way to look at it though would be that we paid for two years and should receive two years. I think you might have been lucky as ive had to have three different lines from this guy since buying the box!.

The good thing is that the dude is generally quite honest and if he says he will sort something he usually does!. So fingers crossed he will sort things out on the 27th!. Bit of a schoolboy error to leave your server unattended but guess everybody needs a holiday!.

Sorry cannot post names of seller on here as that is against the rules.All I can say is I bought it off Amazon and gift was for 12 months..so 8 months down the road and now the first hick up is quite lucky really.

I have the same problem my sever has gone off as well and he said he is on holiday back on the 29th

Back