Line/gift showing offline

Hey guys if your line has gone off but is still online follow my guide on this thread some peoples routers / servers have changed dns settings.
http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/80075-login-server-problems-new-post.html

Hi dude, thanks for the suggestion but I think most of us are on openbox v8s and im on talk talk not virgin. Do you think that the same thing could have occured with our routers/servers?. Maybe all thats needed is different dns settings?.

Would appreciated your thoughts and help on this buddy!

Yes its not just the zgemma that is affected with the dns switch. Just give it a shot u got nothing to.loose

Thanks mate. I gave it a try on my box but no success im afraid!. But i forgot to mention my line is showing as offline so probably a different problem. Would I need to change the gateway etc as well as the DNS settings?.

No its just the dns that needed changing. there was no harm in giving it a go because my line was showing offline untill i changed the settings to connect to the server

Yes its not just the zgemma that is affected with the dns switch. Just give it a shot u got nothing to.loose

Thanks mate. I gave it a try on my box but no success im afraid!. But i forgot to mention my line is showing as offline so probably a different problem. Would I need to change the gateway etc as well as the DNS settings?.

Yeah thats true i was really hoping it would work!. Could it be that I just need a different set of dns numbers as i have a different internet service provider?. How did you find out your new dns settings?.

alot of trail and error. but u can find them on your router settings. in the main administration page

Yeah thats true i was really hoping it would work!. Could it be that I just need a different set of dns numbers as i have a different internet service provider?. How did you find out your new dns settings?.

the ip should be on the botton or side of your router. just type that into the internet and you should get to the admin page. then just look tho the settings for dns or dhcp settings

Thanks alot for that mate, i logged into the router admin page and looked at my dns settings and they are totally different to the ones listed on my network settings on my openbox, but so are the IP address etc...everything is different. I started of and changed the dns settings but it didnt work. So i changed everything, the IP, the gateway, all that. Still no luck.

Im so frustrated, still no reply fron seller. Why are all the dns and stuff different on my openbox to my internet settings. Id rather buy a sledgehammer and smash my box to bits than a new line. Looks like its freeview for me.

Your ip will be different because it gets assigned an ip from the router. Am afriad yours looks like the provider has done one. Just request a test line off the form just to double make sure. There ares some great providers out there which are cheap, but am afriad not all honest and can pack up and move on tomorrow. Thats the chance we all take

tried emailing amazon seller numerous time e_p_r_ s--tt----e given up no replys so installed my other box line which allows me to run 3 boxes off one line so im up and running if he does get in touch will post to let you know cheers Ian

I will be really interested to know if anyone has any luck with new lines.....ive tried about three or four this evening and im starting to thinm that after all this time it may actually be the box itself that has bitthe dust. No lines will work on it, ive tried cccam, newcamd....none work

ive tried manual inputting them, updating them by usb....nothing will work.

so p*ssed off.

Back