Sorry mis understood. Here is what it says:

tuner type (DVB-T2,DVB-C) DVB-C
Configuration mode: Enabled
Network ID 41048
Used service scan type: Provider
Region: AiNetTelekonunikations -Network
Force Legacy signal stats: No

Steve
This is why you can't get VM chanels, it's set to a German network, change country to United Kingdom and change provider from AiNetTelekonunikations to Virgin Media UK (all systems)
you may need to do this in both DVB-C tuners, then run a scan

Ok done this. Country set to UK and provider to Virgin. Still nothing. I'm still not getting any signal on the signal finder for both the DVB-C tuners and I think it means I wont get anything until I get a signal.
As I say the internet is fine and is provided by Virgin so there is a signal coming to the house but not for the TV. I've checked the Virgin site to see if there are any problems but none are reported.
Both the satellite and IPTV are fine its just virgin

Steve

Have you checked cable input to the box etc and any splitters fitted because they do go bad from time to time etc.
Try disconnecting splitter and plug main vm feed wire straight to the box with no splitter etc and then see if you get a signal

have you recently flashed the box with openatv?
how come the cable tuners were set to german cable suppliers?
have you tried updating provider files in autobouquetsmaker since reconfiguring the tuners?

have you recently flashed the box with openatv?
how come the cable tuners were set to german cable suppliers?
have you tried updating provider files in autobouquetsmaker since reconfiguring the tuners?
Yes I updated to ATV6.2/Infinity about a month or so ago and worked absolutley fine.
The box came pre-built so I havent altered any of the tuner setting at all since we got it - its performed faultlessly for over a year

Yes I updated to ATV6.2/Infinity about a month or so ago and worked absolutley fine.
The box came pre-built so I havent altered any of the tuner setting at all since we got it - its performed faultlessly for over a year
did you add your line after installing infinity?
have you been to autobouquetsmaker and updated provider files now you are set to virgin and not TeleKomuniKations.de?

ATV is German made firmware, if they didnt select English when 1st powered up it will show German by default
I know, that's why i asked if he'd recently flashed openatv but he said it was 3 months ago...he can't have lost VM channels recently, it was at least 3 months back :grin:

did you add your line after installing infinity?
have you been to autobouquetsmaker and updated provider files now you are set to virgin and not TeleKomuniKations.de?
No the line is the original line that weve had for 18 months(obviously renewed).
Ive also updated the config files annd done a rescan but still no joy

I'm still not getting any signal input to the box I'll tr what rs500nutter suggested and remove the splitter from the outside box and come back to everyone. Maybe the splitter decided to pack in I don't know...

Thanks to every one fro the help and assistance its much appreciated guys

Steve

if you've reflashed and not added the line, it's gone forever
flashing a box is like formatting a hard disk, it destroys all existing data, but this isn't the problem just now, you need to get the tuners working
make sure the VM cable is in the correct socket at the back of the box

if you've reflashed and not added the line, it's gone forever
flashing a box is like formatting a hard disk, it destroys all existing data, but this isn't the problem just now, you need to get the tuners working
make sure the VM cable is in the correct socket at the back of the box
Sorry

I've not made myself clear. The line was there after the re flash and the system has been working fine until last Thursday( about a month/month and half) when all the virgin channels went off. The supplier provided me with a new line but there is no signal input to the box

I've just been out and tried what rs500nutter suggested and that has not provided a signal in to the box itself on the signal finder which is reading 0% on tuners B & C. My Internet (virgin provided) is fine though

Im guessing until I get a signal nothing will work no matter what I try ;((

Steve

Have you by anychance got access to another box to try on the line to rule out a dodgy tuner in the box or take your box to someone elses house to try their cable feed etc if all settings in the box are ok and your internet connection is fine its pointing to a faulty tuner or connection to the box

ok so you know that the VM cable going to the router is working as it supplies the BB.
take the cable from the router and put it in the zgemma, then reboot the box and try a scan in autobouquetsmaker and see if it finds channels, you don't need internet for this

ok so you know that the VM cable going to the router is working as it supplies the BB.
take the cable from the router and put it in the zgemma, then reboot the box and try a scan in autobouquetsmaker and see if it finds channels, you don't need internet for this
Ill take the box to a mates that has a Virgin feed and see what happens. As soon as I have tried that I will let you all know what the results were.

Thanks again everyone

Steve

Ill take the box to a mates that has a Virgin feed and see what happens. As soon as I have tried that I will let you all know what the results were.

Thanks again everyone

Steve
ok but you have a live VM feed there if you have broadband, the same cable carries the TV channels
it could be the internal splitter, what name is on it? - should be Tratec or Technetix

ok but you have a live VM feed there if you have broadband, the same cable carries the TV channels
it could be the internal splitter, what name is on it? - should be Tratec or Technetix
Yep they have a live Virgin feed as they have a subscription. It'll at least prove what is going on

Steve

Best to try what pablo says in post 34, because your BB is working, then this cable should pick up a signal, its worth trying before going through the hassle of disconnecting the box and taking it to someone elses house to try.

Easiest thing to do at this point is remove the feed from the router / modem and screw your male rf adapter onto this wire and then straight into your box and then check signal

So how I resolved my particular issue was to change the tuner to dvb-t, connect a tv ariel and perform an automatic scan. This seemed to kick the tuner back to life and so I switched it back to dvb-c, did a manual scan it started finding cable channels ok.

The VM changes must've caused the tuner to get its knickers in a twist.

Back