Lost all VM channels

So how I resolved my particular issue was to change the tuner to dvb-t, connect a tv ariel and perform an automatic scan. This seemed to kick the tuner back to life and so I switched it back to dvb-c, did a manual scan it started finding cable channels ok.

The VM changes must've caused the tuner to get its knickers in a twist.
Hi All

I got it all working. I took the box to a mates house who's Virgin feed is known to be good. The results were exactly the same - no signal strength on the signal finder. At this point I thought that the box itself was duff so connected it back up at home and used it for satellite channels and IPTV.
I thought on the off chance that I would try the virgin radio which was working fine so suggested a signal was getting to the box.
At this point I thought I would try a scan for the last time. Luckily enough I was on one of the non HD terrestrial channels and bingo I got a picture. I then checked all the normal channels BBC1 to Channel 5 and they all worked fine just not the channels that require the line.
My supplier had provided me with a new line for virgin so I tried that and success all channels are back fully working ;))

OK so what I have learnt is that:

Sat Finder does NOT give any signal strength on cable
Always check the non HD channels first to see if they are working

Thank you everyone for the invaluable help and suggestions provided it really is appreciated

Steve

Back