Miracle box premium cable tune fault

Garty611

Hi I'm all recently set up but some of the channels won't TUNE even thou it displays the signal as OK?

main channels that I've found missing are:-

Sky sports 5 HD
Sky sports news HD
BT sports 2 HD
BT sport ESPN HD
BT sport Europe HD

some SD movie channels

is there any plug ins available from Open Vix that I can download to help? It seems to be higher frequency channels that it happens!!

tried ABM searching different ways and local codes but no different

cheers in advance

andy

You are probably using the wrong net id.

That will give you an incomplete channel list, but the channel you
have found will still work.

Thanks for the reply I've tried every way and every local service it always scans 377 channels and 37 radio sometimes 384 on a different net I'd but the same channels still say no tune!!

The fact you are getting different amounts of channels on different net id's
still suggests the wrong net id to me.

I will run just a cable scan and post back how many I get

Your numbers seem about right I get 378 and 37 radio.

All the channels you have listed work for me.

What area are you in and what net id are you using ?

Maybe someone on here can confirm your settings.

Last edited:
Hi I'm currently on 41060 Manchester but tried all of them locally i.e. 41040 and 41050?

---------- Post Merged at 03:51 PM ----------

Every tune if I try I get the same channels missing

Garty, I'm using a VM line with Zgemma and I also get 377 channels and 38 channels with the autobouquets set up. All my HD channels clear but my sd movies, racing uk, music etc don't clear.
Like you Ive tried everything to get these channels, Ive got the correct network ID and still no joy, had the exact same set up with my old kv which brought every channel through.
TBH, Ive had some people pm me about Zgemma who have now sold them on and went for a different box. Done the manual scans etc with no joy!

It may be one of those things but be nice to have them if poss.. Like u said I have all the SD sports and weirdly the HD movies but not the SD ones it's the higher feequency channels and I saw that on another thread so maybe someone can help cheers guys

There are more than the other two you have tried

41048 manchester 3
41068 manchester trials
41066 manchester 2
41060 manchester 1

The fact that you get the same number of channels makes me think something else is wrong

---------- Post Merged at 04:38 PM ----------

Tried all the above Manchester codes with the same result :-(

The fact that you get the same number of channels makes me think something else is wrong
Everytime I use autobouquets I get the same channels, the same clear all the time. Garty are you in a ex ntl area or telewest mate?
I think this is my issue, both images are set as 6952 as default, even when I change the symbolrate and frequency it still scans 6952.
I input 0002, 755, this is Glasgow ex ntl, start manual scan it starts on 6887 and jumps to 6952.

---------- Post Merged at 04:42 PM ----------

Everytime I use autobouquets I get the same channels, the same clear all the time. Garty are you in a ex ntl area or telewest mate?
I think this is my issue, both images are set as 6952 as default, even when I change the symbolrate and frequency it still scans 6952.
I input 0002, 755, this is Glasgow ex ntl, start manual scan it starts on 6887 and jumps to 6952.

Make sure the provider area netid in Autobouquets is the same as in tuner config, also try it without the splitter, straight from the feed

My tuner in set up like

Tuner type DVB-C
Configuration mode enabled
Network ID 41060
Used service type scan Provider
Provider to scan Virgin Media UK (6952)

Make sure ABM region is set to the same area with the same net ID I.E. Manchester 41060, then run a ABM scan

But try scanning without the splitter then connect it all back up and see, the fact that they are all in the same sort of frequency makes me think its a signal issue, you could log into your superhub and check your power levels?

Make sure the provider area netid in Autobouquets is the same as in tuner config, also try it without the splitter, straight from the feed

My tuner in set up like

Tuner type DVB-C
Configuration mode enabled
Network ID 41060
Used service type scan Provider
Provider to scan Virgin Media UK (6952)

Make sure ABM region is set to the same area with the same net ID I.E. Manchester 41060, then run a ABM scan

But try scanning without the splitter then connect it all back up and see, the fact that they are all in the same sort of frequency makes me think its a signal issue, you could log into your superhub and check your power levels?

Ok so I'm scanning Glasgow 6887 network id 0002 frequency 755000. This is for ex ntl Glasgow
TUNER TYPE DVB-C
CONFIGURATION MODE ENABLED
USE SERVICE SCAN TYPE = FREQUECNCY STEPS
FREQUENCY SCAN STEP SIZE (kHz) 01000 ( should I be changing this at all?)

my autobouquets is set to id 00002
set for virgin 6952 as its the only default.

Is this my problem?

Do you think it could actually be a faulty tuner on your box ?

What signal levels are you getting on the channels which don't show ?

How do they compare with the channels that are clearing ?

(Press ok on the remote twice)

I run a miraclebox too

No idea about the tuner but it's supposed to be a good one on the miracle box. The levels seem fine in the EPG but even tried manually tuning but nowt really wondering why and thought it was the frequency level? Around 700 ish for the ones missing

well if you hadn't advised me to punt my kv box cactikid for a Zgemma we could maybe have got the info. lol

Back