Miracle box premium cable tune fault

Change service type scan to provider and then select vermin media UK as provider to scan, no need to mess with freqs if you do it that way, that's how my miraclebox is and any vix cable set up I have done and it worked for me

yep changed this to provider, now the only option for virgin uk is 6952, which is ex telewest, any ideas? Ive tried changing this to bruteforce symbol rate 6887, when scanned no channels brought back buddy

What are your SNR and AGC levels on the channels that dont work? You can press ok twice on a channel that dont clear and look.

Have you tried without the splitter? Are your connections clean and tight?

Can you take it somewhere else and try?

It does look like a signal or tuner issue, have you checked your signal levels on your superhub?

Virgin needs a "sweet spot" as too strong a signal or too weak and some channels wont work.....do you have an attenuator fitted?

Gmangt4, my signal on my box goes between 0-27% no matter what! My hd channels apart from sky sports 1 hd mainly when a games on are flawless. Just need to use sd sports1.
The channels I'm missing are sd movies, sd music, racing uk, gold yet I get all the + 1s
My sd sports are all there apart from racing uk which is defo on sub.
I hoped it was maybe autobouquets which needed tweaked but Ive tried all options you and others have given with no joy buddy

On mine it says 99% and 99% which I dont think is accurate lol

Have you tried without the splitter? Tried at another property? Checked your power levels in your superhub? Removed any attenuators?

Don't have any attenuators buddy, tbh all Ive done is replaced my old kv a780 scrambler of the year and replaced with a Zgemma H2 combo.
Ill try the splitter off and see how it goes, its the same setup as the kv had so I thought this would be suffice

Not all tuners are the same, some more sensitive than others. Normally the H2 is fine,

Are your power levels minus in the superhub?

I'm not at home so can't check but log into your superhub and look for network status in advanced settings

garyth i got same problem on a box just looking at it soon for some one i will get back to u soon also mate got a alkimo cable with alll channels clearing we have just started playing with them hes moved in to virgin

On mine it says 99% and 99% which I dont think is accurate lol

Have you tried without the splitter? Tried at another property? Checked your power levels in your superhub? Removed any attenuators?

try putting it on a cable tuner as it looked like you were posting a sat signal :smoke rings:

as like the kv box do people get their netid from a providers box?

Last edited:
My miraclebox only has a cable tuner, and it was sly sports 1 HD, so not much chance of it being a sat signal lol

Is this what your trying to scan ?

Glasgow 1 NTL 00002 755.000 6.887

Menu - Setup - Service Searching - Tuner Configuration (choose your cable tunner)

At the bottom of the Reception Setting screen you have the option to "scan additional SR" type in your 6887
then scan.

SNR 0% AGC 0% on channels that don't work.. Just a thought is it something to do with them being newer channels maybe?
SKY S 5 HD
SKY S News HD
BT sport 2 HD

?????

i have plenty of those channels that dont work ,sometimes same channel is listed somewhere else on list,its the same on sat 5 or 6 with same name different tp or frequency and one works out of the list.any numbered channels not checked?

hence why netid is suspect.

SNR 0% AGC 0% on channels that don't work.. Just a thought is it something to do with them being newer channels maybe?
SKY S 5 HD
SKY S News HD
BT sport 2 HD

?????

If there's no signal maybe the EPG is at fault can anyone tell me how to manually tune the above channels with ABM

Back